It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:13 am

Launchpad MK2

Connecting Hauptwerk to MIDI organs, sequencers, ...
  • Author

David Baldwin

Launchpad MK2

PostFri Jan 20, 2017 9:37 pm

The thread that I started on the Launchpad Mk2 has been lost over Christmas. After purchasing I have discovered that Hauptwerk doesn't support it. Anyway I have got it and it is on the enhancement list.
I tried setting it up with current Launchpad interface, recording the actual colours for each colour setting thiking that would be a way around it. However, some of the colours just repeat.
Is anyone else using a Launchpad Mk2 and how do you use it?
(Dr.) David G. Baldwin

Andrew Grahame

Re: Launchpad MK2

PostSat Jan 21, 2017 4:20 pm

Hi David,

I replaced two of my launchpads with the Mk 2 last year. For now I've chosen from the limited range of working colours a few options which work - more or less - to light things up for now. The fault lies with Novation, not Hauptwerk, because the Mk 2 isn't backwards-compatible with previous versions. I understand that updating Hauptwerk to cater for the Mk 2 is on the list, but it's my guess that this won't be a simple task if the full colour-changing potential of the Mk 2 is to be taken into account. Meanwhile, patience is a virtue.

Andrew

David Baldwin

PostSat Jan 21, 2017 4:24 pm

Thanks. I suspect that backwards compatibility was not possible with the potential colours of the mk2. I think I will do the same as you.
(Dr.) David G. Baldwin

organtechnology

PostFri Mar 02, 2018 12:55 am

Any new information on the Launchpad MK2 compatibility with Hauptwerk v4.x.x today is March 2, 2018.

Thomas
Complete Hauptwerk™ systems using real wood consoles, PC Sound Engines, Dante Audio for Home or Church. info (at) organtechnology.com http://www.organtechnology.com
Authorized Hauptwerk; Milan Digital Audio and Lavender Audio reseller.
USA and Canada shipments only.

Andrew Grahame

PostFri Mar 02, 2018 3:18 am

Good question, Thomas. I'm guessing that on a scale of 1 to 10 that this enhancement - in relation to everything else being incorporated into the next major upgrade of Hauptwerk - is probably around 0.1 or less. I'm unconcerned about this myself - when the upgrade does emerge I'm sure it, plus everything else, will prove to be worth the wait.

Andrew

mdyde

PostFri Mar 02, 2018 5:19 am

Hello Thomas,

We definitely won't be adding any new features for v4, but we very much hope to add support for the Mk2 Launcpad models in v5 (which I hope, but can't absolutely promise, will be ready later in 2018).
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

engrssc

PostFri Mar 02, 2018 12:50 pm

mdyde wrote: Mk2 Launchpad models in v5 (which I hope, but can't absolutely promise, will be ready later in 2018).

Thanks for the "heads up, Martin. Looking for V5 :lol: and really appreciate your efforts to that end. As well any others involved.

Rgds,
Ed

Return to Audio / MIDI interfacing