It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:09 am

Windows 10 and Cymatic Audio LP-16

Connecting Hauptwerk to MIDI organs, sequencers, ...
  • Author

cvmoreau

Windows 10 and Cymatic Audio LP-16

PostSun Jun 11, 2017 3:17 am

After around five years I finally "finished" (maybe) my four manual plus pedal board console and then moved on to the computer/monitor system. I purchased an HP Z mini i7 quad core computer with 32 GB of RAM and a 1 TB solid state drive, and couldn't be happier with it. Even the larger sample sets load in just seconds and I don't think any of them are gong to require more memory any time soon. I also purchased two very sensitive touch screen monitor which respond beautifully to light touch. I said "maybe" above because I think one day that I might like to have them built into the console so as to appear where the draw knobs would usually be, if I can find a furniture carpenter who can match the rest of the console. That is definitely somewhat low on my list, however.

So, it's now time to move on to the sound system. I'm one who makes long term plans and then tries to work toward them. I had decided that I wanted 6 identical left speakers, six more on the right, two in the rear for surround sound, and a sub-woofer. It appeared that the Cymatic LP-16 was the perfect audio processor for my needs. I'd get it and then add my chosen speakers as I was financially able. I purchased the LP-16 about two weeks ago, but, so far, have not been able to get any sound from it. Windows device manager "sees" the unit and knows what it is, but says that it's not working (of course, also NOT actually saying why.) The LP-16 users manual (such that it is) says that it works with Windows XP, Vista, 7, and 8.1. It does NOT mention Windows 10, which came preinstalled on my new PC. I have no idea if this might be the problem, or not, since all of my three home workstations now have Windows 10. I wrote to Cymatic on their website and was told by their auto response system that I'd hear something from them within 24 to 48 hours, but this was about a week ago and no one has yet replied.

I've typed all this length of text to simply ask these questions. Has anyone tried the LP-16 with Windows 10 and had it work, and to also ask if anyone thinks I may be overlooking an entirely different issue that may be causing the problem.

I'm getting pretty desperate to get this problem resolved, since I'm currently using the headphone connection and that does an extremely poor job -- the sound won't get loud enough, at all, and bass notes are almost totally absent.

Any help or suggestion will be VERY MUCH appreciated!

Thanks,
-Chris
Last edited by cvmoreau on Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

deebos

Re: Windows 10 and Cymatic Audio LP-16

PostSun Jun 11, 2017 6:42 am

Section 15.1. of owners manual ( page 22 or 23 )) mentions win 10 . It was written in 2015 . Maybe ASIO drivers ?
Hope this helps.

Sounds like a neat system !
deebos

IainStinson

PostSun Jun 11, 2017 6:44 am

From searching the web, this device seems to work on Windows 10. Have you downloaded the most up to date drivers from their website? You seem to have to login to their site to access the drivers. See https://cymaticaudio.com/products/recorders-players/live-player-lp16.

If you are using the ASIO driver, you should not have any other ASIO driver active - (this is a limitation on ASIO and Windows...)

Please let us know how this progresses, this is an interesting device and offers a lot for the money.

Iain

mstng67

PostSun Jun 11, 2017 8:50 am

My Cymatic Audio LP-16 works flawlessly with Windows 10. I don't recall any problems setting it up either. Hope you can figure it out.

organtechnology

PostSun Jun 11, 2017 11:45 am

Dear cvmoreau,

Your system just sounds excellent and I would like to help you enjoy it. At no charge I might add.
If you have some time for a question and answer session, I believe we can solve this together quickly.
We are an Authorized dealer for Milan Digital Audio/ Hauptwerk. You can see our web presence at the URL below. I can also PM you my phone number if you wish.

Best regards,

Thomas
Complete Hauptwerk™ systems using real wood consoles, PC Sound Engines, Dante Audio for Home or Church. info (at) organtechnology.com http://www.organtechnology.com
Authorized Hauptwerk; Milan Digital Audio and Lavender Audio reseller.
USA and Canada shipments only.

cvmoreau

PostSun Jun 11, 2017 4:32 pm

Problem solved! Thanks, all of you, for your suggestions and help. The answer came from IainStinson who said
You seem to have to login to their site to access the drivers.
I had been to the site several times but couldn't find anything for the unit except the user's manual. Once I subscribed, however, the updated drivers were all there. After a quick download of the USB driver the LP-16 appeared as a working unit on Windows 10, I chose it as the output in Hauptwerk, and life was good again!

I don't know what I would have done without this forum all these years. The good folks here have "saved my bacon" a countless number of times. (If only someone could teach me to actually play well!)

Now it's time to start collecting the fourteen Yamaha HS8 studio monitors that I've chosen and the as yet to be determined subwoofer and I'll be all set. I should be back with the results in say, another five years! :D

deebos

PostSun Jun 11, 2017 4:40 pm

There is Joy in Mudville !

Return to Audio / MIDI interfacing