It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:33 am

FSCB1010 Expression pedals MIDI command

Connecting Hauptwerk to MIDI organs, sequencers, ...
  • Author

elgoosey

FSCB1010 Expression pedals MIDI command

PostThu Sep 21, 2017 7:11 pm

Hello,

I've never been able to work out what command the left hand expression pedal is in Hauptwerk. I know the right one is 07 - Volume. can anyone help?

Regards
John

BachsFugue

Re: FSCB1010 Expression pedals MIDI command

PostThu Sep 21, 2017 8:35 pm

Hauptwerk doesn't assign the Continuous Controller to work with your expression pedals (crescendo pedal also). If you check out page 41 of the HW User Guide, you will learn how to auto-detect the expression pedal that is in your console so that it controls the HW object on the screen you are auto-detecting. You have complete control over the decision. It doesn't have to be a pedal on a console. It can be a knob or slider on a MIDI keyboard. It must be a Continuous Controller though.

You can also do the setting of what Continuous Controller does the job manually. Check out page 150 in the HW User Guide. Remember: YOU get to assign the physical controls that operate Hauptwerk, not the other way around.

I hope this helps, John.
Cole Votaw -- Springfield, Ohio, USA

johnh

PostThu Sep 21, 2017 10:11 pm

I thought both pedals were programmable as to what MIDI CC message they send.

elgoosey

PostFri Sep 22, 2017 12:45 am

I know you can auto-detect, but there is an interesting quirk with my setup I won't go into where if I try to autodetect it detects a command from one of the manuals rather then the expression pedals. Therefore, I need to know what command the other expression sends out on so I can manual select it from the menu.
Regards
Joh

mdyde

PostFri Sep 22, 2017 3:26 am

Hello John,

If you want to see what MIDI messages your Behringer FCB1010 is sending from any of its MIDI controls (such as one of its MIDI expression pedals), you could either:

- Use a utility such as MIDI-OX for Windows ( http://midiox.com/ ) or Snoize MIDI Monitor for Mac OS X ( https://www.snoize.com/MIDIMonitor/ ) when Hauptwerk isn't running. (You can't reliably have two MIDI applications trying to use the same MIDI ports simultaneously.) Or:

- Within Hauptwerk, when no organ is loaded, temporarily turn on the 'Diagnostics: log all MIDI messages received ...' option on Hauptwerk's 'General settings | General preferences | Advanced ...' screen tab. OK the screen, then move the expression pedal fully up and down, then use 'Help | View activity log' to see the messages that the computer received from the expression pedal.

Once you know what MIDI messages the expression pedal is sending (which will probably be MIDI controller messages), you can load the organ in Hauptwerk, right-click on the desired virtual expression pedal, select 'Adjust MIDI/trigger settings manually ...' and configure the MIDI settings accordingly to correspond to what the MIDI pedal is sending.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

elgoosey

PostSat Sep 23, 2017 7:55 pm

Thank you. Using this method I found out that the command is 027.

Regards
John

mdyde

PostSun Sep 24, 2017 4:01 am

Thanks, John.

Excellent.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Audio / MIDI interfacing