Submit Search

Any new methods for reverb out there?

Connecting Hauptwerk to MIDI organs, sequencers, ...

How To Send Program Change To Lexicon Reverb

Postby jbittner » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:34 am

ludu wrote:Could you please explain how you send this program change automatically during the loading of the organ? Thanks in advance.

• Connect a MIDI Out port on an interface that Hauptwerk knows about to the MIDI In jack on the Lexicon.
  • In Hauptwerk select Organ Settings/Advanced MIDI applications/Custom MIDI configuration messages to send... from the menu
  • In the dialog that opens, click the Insert button to create a new message.
  • Enter a name for the message, e.g. Reverb Setting, in the alias box
  • Select When audio/MIDI starts for Time to send
  • Select the MIDI Out port connected to your reverb unit.
  • Select 2 for the Number of bytes
  • Select 192 (hex C0) for Byte 01
  • Subtract 1 from the desired reverb patch and enter that for Byte two. (Lexicon begins their program numbers with 1 while MIDI starts from 0, so if you want to select the program displayed by the unit as 3, you enter 2 here.)
  • Click Ok
John B.
Allen 965 MOS 2
Zuma Group MOS-2 Midi Keyboard Encoder
Zuma Group DM Midi Stop Controller
Hauptwerk 4.2
Major I ACO
Paramount 320
Father Willis Standard 80

Re: Any new methods for reverb out there?

Postby ludu » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:57 am

Many thanks John.

Postby abaymajr » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:24 pm

GrahamH wrote:I configured the Lexicon for what I considered to be the most appropriate reverb variation and length etc. and - this is the important bit - I set the Mix at 100% wet (i.e. zero dry), and I set the volume level of the rear speakers to be very low.
With this set-up I didn't get any blurring of the sound from the main front speakers, but at the same time, when I lifted my hands off the keys after the final chord of a piece, the sound didn't instantaneously die as normally happened with dry-ish sample sets.

That's somewhat I do with some 4-channel samplesets, like the SP Boizard 1714 St. Michel en Thierache, to increase their clarity and emulate an audio perspective nearer to the organ. I trim the wet channels at 750-1000ms and put the rear channels to sound -6db relatively to the wet ones.

Postby ArnoldOrgans » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:46 pm

Does anyone have experience using the MX400 and software interface with Windows 10? It is my understanding the latest software update was for Windows 8.

Matt Arnold
Authorized reseller of Hauptwerk, Milan Digital Audio, Inspired Acoustics, CLR Resources and Sonus Paradisi.

Postby 1961TC4ME » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:05 pm

Return to Audio / MIDI interfacing