It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:53 am

inexpensive multi-channel audio interface

Connecting Hauptwerk to MIDI organs, sequencers, ...
  • Author

historyglenn

inexpensive multi-channel audio interface

PostTue Oct 17, 2017 5:59 pm

I'm new to Hauiptwerk. I've assembled my own system including Intel Core-4 Windows 7 computer and 3 Behringer MIDI keyboards connected through USB to the computer. I am using Hauptwerk version 4 advanced and I want to be able to direct the output of each keyboard to a separate channel (speaker). The included interface for the Behringer keyboards will not do the job. Can anyone recommend an interface with multiple channel output that will work with Haputwerk version 4 advanced? My budget is around $300.00 and set-up must not be too terribly complicated. Right now everything works perfectly and the sound from the Behringer Truth speakers is excellent.

magnaton

Re: inexpensive multi-channel audio interface

PostTue Oct 17, 2017 9:36 pm

Hello:

Start with page 14 in the Hauptwerk User's guide (ver 4.2.1). You can also search this forum for audio interfaces for more up to date products (.i.e the Echo Audiofire is no longer available and Cymatic just introduced a 16 channel unit). If you reside in the USA, then search on-line retailers like Sweetwater or Musician's Friend for audio interfaces. Prices vary by grade (average, 'pro-sumer', & professional), features, and number of ports available. Keep in mind with Hauptwerk, its the number of audio output ports that should be of interest to you.

If you find something that appeals to you, you can search the forum and see if there are any posts regarding it.

Welcome,

Danny B.

TomBentley

Re: inexpensive multi-channel audio interface

PostThu Oct 19, 2017 9:01 am

I believe the ESI Gigaport HD+ is well within your budget and gives 6 analog outputs on RCA's at 48hz and 8 analog outputs at 44hz, there are also two 1/4 inch jacks -- one for channels 1 and 2 and a second one which is a mixdown of all channels and can be used to facilitate output to a sub.

I initially used this interface but have switched to the FCA 610 in order to have more outputs via digital. i think I still have my old ESI gigaport somewhere around here -- have just been keeping it on hand in case something went wrong with the FCA 610. Don't know your location but could be willing to pass this on to you at a reasonable deal if you look at the literature on line regarding the product and are interested -- It is extremely easy to install, is usb powered, and seems to provide adequate quality.

Let me know if I can help.

Tom

Return to Audio / MIDI interfacing