It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:53 pm

Behringer FCA610

Connecting Hauptwerk to MIDI organs, sequencers, ...
  • Author

Opus1954

Behringer FCA610

PostMon Apr 23, 2018 7:37 pm

I don't understand these MIDI units, but perhaps someone can give some pointers.

I had a M-AUDIO PROFIRE 610 but because I wanted to update my MacMini, I purchased a Behringer FCA610. Automatic recognition, seems perfect.

Issues that I NEVER had with the PROFIRE 610 are now happening pretty much daily:
- random ticking while I play, but sometimes seems to go away
- sometimes delayed response and when playing a toccata no sound - can't handle it
- sometimes when bad, distorted sound

All issues are resolved after rebooting the computer. But I don't want to restart by computer every day. I usually leave the computer on, only switch off the rest.

I am at the point to look for M-AUDIO drivers (I read that other model drivers would work). Selling the brand-new Behringer and going back to the good old Profire610.

Unless I am overlooking something - I don't know much about this... Any suggestions would be appreciated :-)

Frank

jerrynazard

Re: Behringer FCA610

PostMon Apr 23, 2018 10:40 pm

I also purchased a FCA610 when I was running a Win 8 computer. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. A very frustrating device. It seems to function perfectly fine as an audio interface streaming music to my stereo system. Did not function with Hauptwerk. I've heard similar stories from others. Sorry you are also experiencing it.

-Jerry

ppytprs

PostTue Apr 24, 2018 5:07 am

I've got one of these. It works fine on my iMac. But I do turn it off every time.

cham-ed

PostTue Apr 24, 2018 7:50 am

I have one on a Win7 and no problems once installed.

Return to Audio / MIDI interfacing