It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:43 am

TouchOSC layout for LCD messages

Connecting Hauptwerk to MIDI organs, sequencers, ...
  • Author

abaymajr

TouchOSC layout for LCD messages

PostThu Jun 07, 2018 7:47 am

Since 3 years of proficuous HW usage, I have been sharing a single portable 2-in-1 notebook for both tasks of hosting Hauptwerk software and reading/annotating scores. I can quickly switch between those taks through touch movements, but sometimes it would be great check HW status without having to recur to window switching. So, I purchased TouchOSC to try to implement a second and dedicated screen (on my Android tablet or phone) to show (and change) HW basic info like combinations, temperaments, transposition, floating division state, etc. Until now, I did not know this project of converting HW LCD messages into TouchOSC ones would be so complex. So, does anyone have (and do not mind share) an already made TouchOSC layout for this purpose, so I could adapt it to my own particular needs?

larason2

Re: TouchOSC layout for LCD messages

PostThu Jun 07, 2018 5:43 pm

I may be in error, but I don’t think there is any way to have touchosc display LCD style messages on the screen, and I believe it can only be used as a midi controller. I personally use it to select stops and perform basic functions like transposition or load a particular organ, but so far I haven’t been able to get the LED function to work, and there is no control in the editor that has a character display function as far as I know.

mkc1

Re: TouchOSC layout for LCD messages

PostSun Jun 24, 2018 1:51 pm

I believe you are correct. The 'label' controls can respond to and display simple MIDI messages, but they don't appear to respond to SysEx messages, which are what Hauptwerk uses for LCD panels.

Return to Audio / MIDI interfacing