It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:40 am

MOTU USB Cutouts Solved

Connecting Hauptwerk to MIDI organs, sequencers, ...
  • Author

Doug S.

MOTU USB Cutouts Solved

PostThu Nov 15, 2018 3:31 pm

After exhausting all other likely sources within Windows settings I was still getting random disconnects of my MOTU 24 io interface. I wiggled the USB connector at the 24io box and lo, the connection was interrupted requiring an HW reload to remedy. I happened to have a replacement USB cord with the proper connector and switched it out for the one supplied with the unit. Just comparing the contacts in the box ends revealed the original contacts did not appear to stand proud of the surrounding insulator plastic which explained why the slightest wiggling when engaged broke continuity. Problem solved. The replacement plug was of much better quality. The contacts were clearly above the insulator surface. Happy!
Doug S
Doug

engrssc

Re: MOTU USB Cutouts Solved

PostThu Nov 15, 2018 5:01 pm

Surprising. :o

Usually MOTU ships everything good. Every once in a while an oops slips in, just to keep us on our toes.
Whats worse if the problem develops after a while and we "know" for sure it worked and "that" cable just couldn't be the problem. :roll:

One of my excellent professors always preached "Maintain a questioning attitude when it comes to trouble shooting".

Rgds,
Ed

Return to Audio / MIDI interfacing