It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:40 am

Midi Keyboard autodetect upside-down!

Connecting Hauptwerk to MIDI organs, sequencers, ...
  • Author

k2bhm

Midi Keyboard autodetect upside-down!

PostSun Mar 03, 2019 12:01 pm

Help! I am in the process of moving from redd switches to Hall sensors on my 3 manual setup, using the Halka boards from Roman Sowa. Having got 1 keyboard converted, and run the Autodetect applet, I cannot get the keyboard to work the right way round, with the highest note at the top of the keyboard and the lowest on the far left! And yes, I have tried deliberately putting in the wrong input to try and trick it!
I am routing it through the MRG2 merger and a Microlite Midi hub.
Is there an "invert" switch I have not found yet, or is there a problem with the boards?

NickNelson

Re: Midi Keyboard autodetect upside-down!

PostSun Mar 03, 2019 1:39 pm

So far as I can tell, this could only happen if both the 'drive' and 'sense' matrices were inverted which seems unlikely given that boards and interconnection look to be manufactured in a way which would make this difficult to do, or it is simply that the boards are mounted in an orientation that is flipped 'end to end' from that intended.

If this is so, I think that HW would refuse auto-detect since it probably expects the bottom note to have a lower note than the highest.

k2bhm

Re: Midi Keyboard autodetect upside-down!

PostSun Mar 03, 2019 1:57 pm

Thanks, Nick. According to Roman's website, they can be flipped but I suspect it might need some input I am so far not aware of. I have emailed him for advice too and will post here what he tells me too.

Return to Audio / MIDI interfacing