It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 4:49 pm

Combination lights not activated by MIDI playback

Connecting Hauptwerk to MIDI organs, sequencers, ...
  • Author

costasnicolaidis

Combination lights not activated by MIDI playback

PostSun Nov 10, 2019 2:57 pm

During MIDI playback from my PC although the different combinations are changing properly and the audio playback is correct, the indicator lights on my console are not activated to show which combination is playing. how can I correct this?
Thank you for your advice.
Costas

organsRgreat

Re: Combination lights not activated by MIDI playback

PostSun Nov 10, 2019 5:01 pm

If you are using Hauptwerk's built-in MIDI recorder it's working as it's supposed to. It records stop changes but doesn't show the corresponding piston. It's possible that you might be able to see the piston events in an external MIDI editor.

I believe Hauptwerk's MIDI recorder works like this so that playback would be identical on another computer. So if you played back the MIDI file on a friend's computer, and he had the same sample set, the registrations would be identical. If registration was dependent upon piston changes, the effect would vary from one installation to another - your friend might have set up his pistons differently.

costasnicolaidis

PostSun Nov 10, 2019 7:52 pm

Thanks a lot

magnaton

PostTue Nov 12, 2019 2:20 pm

It may also depend on how your lighted pistons are setup. Some products, like the Novation Lauchpad, you have set up an output route in the MIDI config so a signal is sent to turn on a light. If this is the case, try using/auto detecting Hauptwerk's internal General and or Scoped pistons. These buttons light up whenever a matching registration is detected either by hand, MIDI playback, or (of course) pressing the respective piston. In other words when set correctly, the physical piston lights will echo the state of the Hauptwerk piston.

Danny B.

Return to Audio / MIDI interfacing