It is currently Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:23 am

Midi Ox Feature maybe

Connecting Hauptwerk to MIDI organs, sequencers, ...
  • Author

engrssc

Midi Ox Feature maybe

PostMon Mar 23, 2020 5:55 am

Just trying to figure what is going on. Setting up a lighted coupler rail on the bench outside of the HW computer. A relatively simple setup. One momentary switch to turn the coupler on, another momentary switch to turn the coupler off. An LED to indicate the state of the coupler.

Using a M-Audio 1 X 1 as the MIDI to USB interface to a laptop to test the setup. Initially the indicator LEDs were blinking on the MIDI Hardware MRG2 board showing switching activity. But there was no "blinking" lights on the M-Audio 1 X 1, no LED output on the Mideco decoder. Pretty sure I had everything setup correctly.

Wanting to check the MIDI messages (note on, note off, MIDI channel, etc), I activated Midi Ox to find everything was happening as expected, but additionally, the LED output from the decoder was working. Exited Midi Ox, no LED output from the decoder. Turn MidiOx back on, everything worked again. Without Midi Ox, the LEDs didn't work. So trying to think Midi Ox was acting as a virtual connecting cable, yes?

I didn't remember tha "requirement " to have Midi Ox activated previously when using a MOTU to USB interface, don't remember. So is that a "thing" with the 1 X 1 or what? Just curious.

Rgds,
Ed

jkinkennon

Re: Midi Ox Feature maybe

PostMon Mar 23, 2020 9:40 am

There is a MIDI loopback that is on by default. Click on the little Route 66 sign and then right click on the loopback connection and disconnect the loopback only.

mdyde

Re: Midi Ox Feature maybe

PostMon Mar 23, 2020 9:47 am

[Topic moved here.]
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Audio / MIDI interfacing