It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:01 pm

Rodgers 760 - artisan conversion - adding Hauptwerk

Connecting Hauptwerk to MIDI organs, sequencers, ...
  • Author

ArmandB

Rodgers 760 - artisan conversion - adding Hauptwerk

PostSun Apr 05, 2020 5:16 pm

Greetings all

Back about 2004 I was given a Rodgers 760 draw knob console. I gutted the analogue electronics and converted it to a digital system with an Artisan System [Mark Anderson]. — With Mark’s hardware I installed a MIDI system - and all his input
Boards [stops /pistons/toe studs - manuals and pedal board]. The sound engine is a self contained SE with little borrowing.

Since this already has the MIDI system in the instrument, I am seeking information as to if with the Artisan input boards — can I even make use of the Hauptwerk system as an add on with a MacBook Pro laptop - thus accessing the Hauptwerk library?

Thanks for this help
Armand

micdev

Site Admin

Re: Rodgers 760 - artisan conversion - adding Hauptwerk

PostSun Apr 05, 2020 9:13 pm

Good evening,

Welcome to the Hauptwerk community.

Since your console was "midified" you should be able to use Hauptwerk without problem. Many end-users have converted/midified console, many using Artisan' components.

Since your console "output" is probably using a midi connector (not a USB one), you will need a midi to usb cable, or purchase a midi interface with an onboard midi interface, or just a midi interface. The midi to usb cable will be the least expensive solution.

Once you have this cable, you may want to make sure that your conversion works correctly by testing each notes of each keyboard/pedalboard, toe studs etc. To help you read midi message on your MAC you can download MIDI MONITOR from this site https://www.snoize.com/MIDIMonitor/.

Regards
You can also download Hauptwerk User Manual (https://www.hauptwerk.com/documentation to learn more about Hauptwerk and download a copy of the trial version. Recommend that you browse thru the documentation to optimized your 14-days trial of Hauptwerk.

You will find on this forum a ton of information and great users always ready to share and help.
Best regards
François

Virtually sharing my enthusiasm and experience with you
Worldwide technical assistance, consultation and ready to play system.

http://www.HauptwerkConsultant.com

AND Hauptwerk Support Manager

mdyde

Re: Rodgers 760 - artisan conversion - adding Hauptwerk

PostWed Jun 03, 2020 2:15 pm

[Topic moved here.]

Last bumped by ArmandB on Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:15 pm.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Audio / MIDI interfacing