It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2024 4:07 pm

Reaper/Hauptwerk MIDI Editor Problems

Connecting Hauptwerk to MIDI organs, sequencers, ...
  • Author

Randall Mullin

Re: Reaper/Hauptwerk MIDI Editor Problems

PostSat May 09, 2020 4:55 pm

Yes.
Randall Mullin
Hauptwerk 4/Classic MidiWorks tutorial (http://www.randallmullin.com/Hauptwerk%20Experience.pdf)

randallschmid

PostSat May 09, 2020 7:06 pm

Since you are using the advanced midi option, I might suggest that you export out two midi files from Reaper, the one that 'works' and one that doesn't, and play them using HW's midi player to see if you get the same results. You could compare the two files using a file comparison utility to verify that the one deleted note is the only change to the midi data.

But since you are OK with your event list workaround, I reluctantly concur it is time to let it go :)

BTW, I enjoyed reading your HW write-up. Your self description as an organist, not a technician, seems to be overly modest!

-Randy

Randall Mullin

PostMon May 25, 2020 3:53 pm

randallschmid I wanted to let you know that today I decided to create a new Reaper template for the Hauptwerk VSTi from scratch. I recorded something with several extra notes and then deleted them. There was no problem with the playback afterwards, so it must have been a corrupted Reaper template. Needless to say, I am relieved!

Thanks again for all of your help!

Randy
Randall Mullin
Hauptwerk 4/Classic MidiWorks tutorial (http://www.randallmullin.com/Hauptwerk%20Experience.pdf)
Previous

Return to Audio / MIDI interfacing