It is currently Fri Jul 12, 2024 11:29 am

Windows 10 & Echo Audiofires 12's

Connecting Hauptwerk to MIDI organs, sequencers, ...
  • Author

RODANDUNA

Windows 10 & Echo Audiofires 12's

PostThu Jun 04, 2020 10:51 pm

Hi all, Does anyone out there use Echo Audiofire 12's with windows 10, I tried it once a few years back but had sync problems which produced static I now have Windows 7 Home Premium & works well but as it is not supported now I would like to upgrade to Windows 10 which would allow me to use my 32GB of ram but there no drivers for windows 10 for the audiofires & fear I might be going back to the old problem Any suggestions would be appreciated Rod

mdyde

Re: Windows 10 & Echo Audiofires 12's

PostFri Jun 05, 2020 2:47 am

Hello Rod,

[Topic moved here.]

I don't have recent experience with Echo Audiofires myself, but I recall reading from one Hauptwerk user who couldn't get them to work on Windows 10 (which Echo's driver doesn't officially support) with Hauptwerk v5. Hence I think there's a risk you might have problems with using them on Windows 10.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Eric Sagmuller

PostFri Jun 05, 2020 5:38 am

How many are you using? I have one on Windows 10 that runs just fine. I seem to remember there was a small code change in the program needed, something I found online at the time, around 5 years ago. I have a second AF12 I plan to install at some point, so don't know if more than one are an issue. I think there are several on this forum running multiple AF12s though.

Eric

RODANDUNA

PostSat Jun 06, 2020 7:46 am

Thanks Eric I have 3 audiofires 36 channels & I understand that using only one it will work OK I was running 3 at one time on windows 10 but after an upgrade came through they started distorting & couldn't get them to sync so hope you don't find the same if you add another A/F12 I might change to Windows 7 Professional as I will be able to access my 32 GB Ram Thanks for the response Cheers Rod

engrssc

PostSun Jun 07, 2020 11:52 am

RODANDUNA wrote: but after an upgrade came through they started distorting & couldn't get them to sync

Win 10 has the feature to able to uninstall update(s) if you want to go back and find an update that may be causing a problem..It's more likely tho that the device manfacturer hssn't kept their software up to date.

This Script allow reset the Windows Update Agent resolving issues with Windows Update.

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/Reset-Windows-Update-Agent-d824badc

Rgds,
Ed

Eric Sagmuller

PostThu Jun 11, 2020 6:00 am

Yeah I haven't done any updates to my Windows 10 machine, since I built the computer back around 2016. It works great so I figured why mess with it. At some point I'll try and connect the second AF12. Echo hasn't supported these for quite a few years now, although they are a very good interface.

Eric

engrssc

PostSat Jun 13, 2020 9:08 am

As suggested, the safest way to experiment with updates, etc is to clone the existing drive. That way you can go back to exactly what you had. For my $$, cloning is better that a backup esp when experimenting.

Rgds,
Ed

Return to Audio / MIDI interfacing