It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2024 9:36 am

mac midi program

Connecting Hauptwerk to MIDI organs, sequencers, ...
  • Author

royad22@comcast.net

mac midi program

PostTue Jun 16, 2020 6:13 pm

I appreciate the help i have accessed on this forum and feel kind of dumb asking such basic questions.

Is there a way to separate the control of keyboards and or subwoofer on mac midi? Is there a better midi program i could get for my imac?

Roy

RaymondList

Re: mac midi program

PostTue Jun 16, 2020 6:26 pm

Roy,
Basically the computer outputs audio, which goes to your speakers, and that has nothing to do with midi. The keyboards midi data is fed to the computer through the midi interface. That allows the midi data to be input to Hauptwerk. Then in turn, Hauptwerk produces the audio which will be fed to the speakers or headphones. Did I understand your question correctly?
Regards,
Ray
Ray

royad22@comcast.net

PostTue Jun 16, 2020 8:13 pm

I have looked at the midi program and it does have some control of volumes but i guess since the keyboards are connected in series for lack of a better term.

I do have the organ working and it sounds great but i am trying to have more control of each component, ie keyboards, sub woofer etc.

micdev

Site Admin

PostTue Jun 16, 2020 8:48 pm

Hello Royad,

When you say "subwoofer", I suspect that you mean control for the bass? And probably you want to balance the sound/audio between the keyboards and pedalboard.

Out of the box, a sample set is balanced pretty well. Of course your audio system will greatly affect the end result. Depending on your audio setup you will have more or less possibilities.

For example, if the bass (played thru your subwoofer) is too soft or too strong, usually you will find a control on the back of the subwoofer to decrease or increase the volume. You may also find a crossover control who will set the frequency where the sub will start playing the sound. The crossover setting, especially when set too high may produce some booming

Hauptwerk (Advanced) also has a voicing tool (Organ settings | Rank voicing and surround... where you will find many adjustments and those adjustments can be applied to a full division, on a specific stop or even on a specific pipe/note. To learn more about the voicing facilities, see the Hauptwerk Installation and User Manual page 211+.

Hauptwerk also offers some panels where you will be able to adjust the overall volume (see VIEW | Large control panels | Audio MIDI and Performance and View | Mini control panels | Audio output level

I invite you to "explore" the Hauptwerk Installation and User manual to discover all the power and functionalities built into Hauptwerk. The manual was installed on your computer desktop when you installed Hauptwerk and you can also download it at https://hauptwerk.com/documentation
Best regards
François

Virtually sharing my enthusiasm and experience with you
Worldwide technical assistance, consultation and ready to play system.

http://www.HauptwerkConsultant.com

AND Hauptwerk Support Manager

Return to Audio / MIDI interfacing