It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2024 4:27 pm

Launchpad X

Connecting Hauptwerk to MIDI organs, sequencers, ...
  • Author

johnstump_organist

Launchpad X

PostFri Jun 19, 2020 5:20 pm

Before I Order it, just double-checking that the Novation Launchpad X is good for use with HW5, or if another model is better.
Sweetwater currently has them on sale, $50.00 off.
I see the Hauptwerk Manual says Launchpad Mark 2 but I can't find that model only Launchpad MKII
John

mdyde

Re: Launchpad X

PostSat Jun 20, 2020 3:29 am

Hello John,

[Topic moved here.]

We don't have first hand experience with the recent 'Launchpad X' model, and I don't think I recall any feedback from Hauptwerk users on whether that specific model is fully compatible with the Launchpad mk1/mk2 MIDI implementations (which Hauptwerk v5 does support). I'd would guess that it probably would be, but unless you can test and return it easily in case it isn't compatible, for good measure my advice would be instead to go for the current standard 'Launchpad' model (='Launchpad Mark 2' ='Launchpad MkII' ='Launchpad Mk2'):

It's the one just labelled as 'Launchpad' on Novation's current website here (at the bottom-left, at least on my browser):

https://novationmusic.com/en/launch
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

magnaton

Re: Launchpad X

PostSat Jun 20, 2020 8:09 am

Hi John:

I've had great luck with the Launchpad model S. This is the gray model with an orange usb cord you can see searching on eBay. I like them as the round buttons are not engraved as was the first and now later models.

You may want to consider the Launchpad Mini. These are 7.28" x 7.28" and work great if you incorporate it a hide away drawer under the keydesk, think Allen Organ controller drawer.

Danny B.

Return to Audio / MIDI interfacing