It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2024 10:39 am

Changing midi interface and keyboards

Connecting Hauptwerk to MIDI organs, sequencers, ...
  • Author

smfrank

Changing midi interface and keyboards

PostSun Jun 21, 2020 8:25 am

The most maddening thing about HW is having to reconfigure things when you change hardware.
I have over 80 sample sets. Just recently I changed my keyboards.
That's easy enough to change keyboard channels, but the myriad pistons which I cannot set (like on cmk) makes for a horrible experience. I've only done two or three sets so far.

Now, I would like to change my midi interface, and it looks like I have the same nightmare ahead of me.
This is really ridiculous and a huge waste of time.
I know about the setting "any enabled interface" but since I didn't do that at the beginning it is no help now.
BTW, on Windows 7, and want to replace my MOTU Ultralite Mk III

Am I correct that changing the audio interface doesn't cause re-caching in HW5, or am I in for yet another thrill?

Steve
Steven Frank

mdyde

Re: Changing midi interface and keyboards

PostSun Jun 21, 2020 9:49 am

Hello Steve,

smfrank wrote:The most maddening thing about HW is having to reconfigure things when you change hardware.
I have over 80 sample sets. Just recently I changed my keyboards.
That's easy enough to change keyboard channels, but the myriad pistons which I cannot set (like on cmk) makes for a horrible experience. I've only done two or three sets so far.

Now, I would like to change my midi interface, and it looks like I have the same nightmare ahead of me.
This is really ridiculous and a huge waste of time.
I know about the setting "any enabled interface" but since I didn't do that at the beginning it is no help now.
BTW, on Windows 7, and want to replace my MOTU Ultralite Mk III

Yes -- we do aim to add functionality, as a high priority, to make it easier to migrate MIDI settings from one MIDI interface to another for a future version:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=18715&p=141057#p141057

smfrank wrote:Am I correct that changing the audio interface doesn't cause re-caching in HW5

Correct.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Audio / MIDI interfacing