It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2024 2:26 pm

too much bass

Connecting Hauptwerk to MIDI organs, sequencers, ...
  • Author

royad22@comcast.net

too much bass

PostFri Jul 17, 2020 10:11 am

I am getting too much bass around 38 to 60 htz. Even with sub turned off. I can't reduce the bass any lower on my amp. Should i be using an equalizer of some sort in line with behringer 1820?

micdev

Site Admin

Re: too much bass

PostFri Jul 17, 2020 10:57 am

Good morning,

What you are probably experimenting are standing waves.

You should try to re-voice the low ends of the stops affected by using Hauptwerk voicing tool and see if you can fix it. (Organ setting | Rank voicing (see Hauptwerk Installation and User Manual page 212+.

Try to reduce the overall amplitude of some notes of the 16' ranks affected by this "over bass". You can hold the note and drag the the note slider up and down until you get the right mix. Here is an example

voicing.JPG
Voicing
Best regards
François

Virtually sharing my enthusiasm and experience with you
Worldwide technical assistance, consultation and ready to play system.

http://www.HauptwerkConsultant.com

AND Hauptwerk Support Manager

josq

Re: too much bass

PostFri Jul 17, 2020 1:11 pm

To add to the reply above: amplitude correction would make the entire sample softer. By decreasing the amplitude and increasing the brightness by the same amount, you can correct the fundamental while restoring the harmonics.

Booming bass notes are a very common problem. A better solution would be to perform measurements at your listening position and to use EQ software based on that measurements. See my posts in this recent topic: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=18845

Return to Audio / MIDI interfacing