It is currently Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:55 pm

Basic setup for Roland C330

Connecting Hauptwerk to MIDI organs, sequencers, ...
  • Author

stephenw

Basic setup for Roland C330

PostFri Oct 09, 2020 10:03 am

Forgive me if this is covered elsewhere, but I'm looking for information on setting up Hauptwerk on my Roland C-330.
There's a YouTube video which describes how to do it generically using a MIDI interface cable (USB at one end, 2 x DINs at the other) but that's not working for me.
Any help gratefully received.
Stephen

organtechnology

Re: Basic setup for Roland C330

PostFri Oct 09, 2020 12:31 pm

stephenw wrote:Forgive me if this is covered elsewhere, but I'm looking for information on setting up Hauptwerk on my Roland C-330.
There's a YouTube video which describes how to do it generically using a MIDI interface cable (USB at one end, 2 x DINs at the other) but that's not working for me.
Any help gratefully received.
Stephen

If I understand your intentions correctly, you are wanting to use the Roland 330 as a MIDI controller (console), the MIDI cable you supplied AND a computer containing the Hauptwerk software and Sample Sets to produce a Virtual Pipe Organ. It appears that the missing link may be that you do not have a computer with Hauptwerk installed yet (you must install Hauptwerk on an external computer. it cannot be installed on your Roland 330). I recommend you go to the dealer listings and find the one closest to you and call them.

Thomas
Complete Hauptwerk™ systems using real wood consoles, PC Sound Engines, Dante Audio for Home or Church. info (at) organtechnology.com http://www.organtechnology.com
Authorized Hauptwerk; Milan Digital Audio and Lavender Audio reseller.
USA and Canada shipments only.

larason2

PostFri Oct 09, 2020 2:43 pm

Also, you must have a driver installed on your computer for the MIDI interface cable. I find this is sometimes one of the trickiest parts, as the drivers for the particular cable aren't always easy to install so that they work, depending on the computer you are using, operating system, etc.

organtechnology

PostSat Oct 10, 2020 1:07 am

larason2 wrote:Also, you must have a driver installed on your computer for the MIDI interface cable. I find this is sometimes one of the trickiest parts, as the drivers for the particular cable aren't always easy to install so that they work, depending on the computer you are using, operating system, etc.

Luckily the Mio interface is plug and play on W10.
Complete Hauptwerk™ systems using real wood consoles, PC Sound Engines, Dante Audio for Home or Church. info (at) organtechnology.com http://www.organtechnology.com
Authorized Hauptwerk; Milan Digital Audio and Lavender Audio reseller.
USA and Canada shipments only.

stephenw

PostSat Oct 10, 2020 4:36 am

Thanks for the tip. I'll search for drivers ...

Return to Audio / MIDI interfacing