It is currently Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:08 pm

Presonus Studio 1824c USB-C - Anyone used one with HV5

Connecting Hauptwerk to MIDI organs, sequencers, ...
  • Author

britokusa

Presonus Studio 1824c USB-C - Anyone used one with HV5

PostSun Nov 01, 2020 6:45 pm

Hi. I am thinking about buying one of these to replace my FCA610 at home (never been a big fan of the 610 to be honest). At Church we use a Focusrite 18I8 and thats good but I really want a unit with simple outs on it to go to 6 speakers and also base-bin. this one has 8 line outs

Anyway. this unit seems plies pretty good value so just wondered if anyone is using one and might confirm. I will be using it with a PC hp elite Desk I7 that has the USB-C connectivity.

Best

josq

Re: Presonus Studio 1824c USB-C - Anyone used one with HV5

PostMon Nov 02, 2020 1:26 pm

What do you exactly expect from replacing your audio interface? There are of course many subjective reviews saying that some interface very very much dramatically & vastly will improve quality, transparancy, emotion and you name it all. In objective measurements, differences can be clearly detected thanks to the enormous sensitivity of good measurement apparature. However, these differences are usually around or below the threshold of audibility.

So unless something is really broken, I would not expect any significant objective improvement of sound. Of course, the subjective differences can be imagined as dramatic as you like, but they will more correlated to the price, brand and looks of the unit than to anything you really hear.

Nothing negative to say about Presonus though. Looks like reasonable value for the money indeed. But my bet would be that you can as well save your money untill the FCA610 is broken.

engrssc

Re: Presonus Studio 1824c USB-C - Anyone used one with HV5

PostMon Nov 02, 2020 5:07 pm

For about the same $$ as the Presonus Studio 1824c, you may want to have a look at the MOTU UltraLite-MK3 Hybrid FireWire/USB2 Audio Interface. Many of us have had excellent results with this unit both on HW 4 and HW 5.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001DDU8PU?tag=amz-mkt-chr-us-20&ascsubtag=1ba00-01000-a0049-win10-other-nomod-us000-pcomp-feature-rscomp-wm-5&ref=aa_rscomp

If budget is not an issue, there is the RME Audio Interface (FIREFACE802):

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K68WRI4?tag=amz-mkt-chr-us-20&ascsubtag=1ba00-01000-a0049-win10-other-nomod-us000-pcomp-feature-pcomp-wm-6&ref=aa_pcomp

Rgds,
Ed

Return to Audio / MIDI interfacing