It is currently Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:07 pm

HW VI within a DAW

Connecting Hauptwerk to MIDI organs, sequencers, ...
  • Author

Michael D

HW VI within a DAW

PostMon Jan 11, 2021 3:00 pm

I am attempting to use HW VI Advanced within a DAW and having little to no luck. What I would like to be able to do is record directly into the DAW with stop changes, etc. I would like to be able to play to the click of the project within the DAW. I was hoping to take the "analog" signal and not have to use the MIDI "signal." I have tried to use both GarageBand and Reaper, and can't get either to work. I am sure that there is a setting that I am missing.

Can anyone help me with this?

randallschmid

Re: HW VI within a DAW

PostMon Jan 11, 2021 4:41 pm

Below is a link to Hauptwerk's document for setting up Reaper

https://manualzz.com/doc/7485904/hauptw ... sequencing

mdyde

Re: HW VI within a DAW

PostTue Jan 12, 2021 4:44 am

Hello Michael,

The document that Randall linked to is a copy of an older version (from Hauptwerk v4 and an old version of Reaper). The current version of the documentation for doing what you're trying to do is in the 'MIDI sequencing, the Hauptwerk AU/VST Link and applying external realtime effects plug-ins: Recording, playing back and editing live solo performances with a MIDI sequencer dedicated exclusively to Hauptwerk (Advanced Edition only) (Bi-directional control of the sequencer from Hauptwerk)' sub-section of the main Hauptwerk user guide (on the Help menu in Hauptwerk, pages 253-259 in the current v6.0.1 version).

(The current version of the documentation no longer tries to list the exact screen/setting names in Reaper, since they kept changing so frequently that it was effectively impossible for us to keep the previous documentation up to date -- it now just lists generically what needs to be set up in the host/sequencer application, i.e. Reaper in this case.)
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Audio / MIDI interfacing