It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:48 am

Not hearing stereo in Paramount 341

Connecting Hauptwerk to MIDI organs, sequencers, ...
  • Author

damuehlbauer

Not hearing stereo in Paramount 341

PostFri Jun 30, 2023 4:44 pm

I am not hearing any difference between the left and right side of my headphones for the various voices in Paramount 341. According to their specs, ranks should sound more left or right depending on the chamber (Main or Solo). But I don't hear it. Audio is set to Stereo mix 1 (main/recording). Other stereo sounds through my Behringer 204 work fine.

I only have headphones and one set of speakers, so it would be nice to at least get stereo sound from them.

What am I missing here?
Last edited by damuehlbauer on Sat Jul 01, 2023 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David Muehlbauer
Mesa, Arizona USA

mdyde

Re: Not hearing stereo in Paramount 341

PostSat Jul 01, 2023 3:30 am

Hello David,

I don't have the Paramount 341 installed at the moment, so I can't easily check how clearly defined its stereo field is, but I would suggest:

- Via "Organ | Load organ, adjusting rank audio memory options" make sure that the ranks are set to load in stereo (not mono).

- On the "General settings | Audio mixer" screen, for the "Master mix 1 ... main/recording" bus entry in the left-hand list of buses, check that its "Audio output device channel(s): Channel(s)" entry is set to be the desired *stereo* (not mono) pair of channels on your audio interface.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

damuehlbauer

PostSat Jul 01, 2023 6:03 pm

OK, I checked the audio settings and they were correct. I reloaded the organ (the long way). It seemed to sound better, so I did a quick recording and checked it with Audacity and there is a difference in the VU meter for Left and Right. So, either my ears were off or the re-load fixed it. Thanks Martin.
David Muehlbauer
Mesa, Arizona USA

mdyde

PostSun Jul 02, 2023 4:05 am

Thanks, David. Excellent.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Audio / MIDI interfacing