It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:33 am

Cakewalk Sonar - Connecting to record and play

Connecting Hauptwerk to MIDI organs, sequencers, ...
  • Author

Ken

Cakewalk Sonar - Connecting to record and play

PostSat Feb 12, 2005 11:23 pm

I presently am using Sonar 2 for my MIDI recordings from my MIDI organ console while I am playing through Hauptwerk. I also play-back my Sonar MIDI recordings via MIDI Yoke to Hauptwerk.

In order to hear Hauptwerk output when I record, I adjust the Hauptwerk MIDI IN settings to receive MIDI from my organ console. (at the same time Sonar's MIDI IN is set to receive the same MIDI signals so it can record them).

Now, in playing back my creation, I have to change the Hauptwerk settings so that the MIDI IN will receive signals from MIDI Yoke. This continual re-setting of the Hauptwerk MIDI IN settings is tiring.

It would be preferable to have Hauptwerk MIDI IN settings permanently set to receive signal from MIDI Yoke, and have Sonar direct the MIDI signals it receives from my console to its MIDI OUT (which is connected to MIDI Yoke) at the same time it is recording, or when it is in standby. I believe I have read somewhere that there is a way to do this, but despite spending hours fiddling with Sonar, I come up empty-handed.

Has anyone had any luck doing what I am trying to do, and if so can you share the secret.

Thanks,

Ken

Rüdiger Loos

PostSun Feb 13, 2005 7:37 pm

Look to Midi-Ox Help|Welcome|Making Connections Fig. 4 and replace the Editor by a direct connection from Midi-Yoke 1 to Midi-Yoke 2. I haven't tested it, but it should solve your problem.
Rüdiger

Return to Audio / MIDI interfacing