It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 5:32 pm

For anybody using a midiboutique's encoder

Connecting Hauptwerk to MIDI organs, sequencers, ...
  • Author

Marco

For anybody using a midiboutique's encoder

PostSat Mar 19, 2005 1:54 pm

where did you put the positive terminal of the power adapter? on the sleeve outside or inside? It's not specified in the documentation and I'm antsy to try things soon (haven't heard back from Jordan yet) but don't want to risk messing things up or anything.

NeilCraig

Re: For anybody using a midiboutique's encoder

PostSat Mar 19, 2005 3:38 pm

Marco wrote:where did you put the positive terminal of the power adapter? on the sleeve outside or inside? It's not specified in the documentation and I'm antsy to try things soon (haven't heard back from Jordan yet) but don't want to risk messing things up or anything.

Tip is positive, ring is negative for the HWce, at least. I assume all his products use the same rectifier. It seems pretty robust. The PIC IC's are virtually indestructible also.

Best wishes//Neil
A plaque is simply not necessary - everyone will know it is a Willis organ! - "Father" Henry Willis

Marco

Re: For anybody using a midiboutique's encoder

PostSat Mar 19, 2005 3:47 pm

NeilCraig wrote:
Marco wrote:where did you put the positive terminal of the power adapter? on the sleeve outside or inside? It's not specified in the documentation and I'm antsy to try things soon (haven't heard back from Jordan yet) but don't want to risk messing things up or anything.

Tip is positive, ring is negative for the HWce, at least. I assume all his products use the same rectifier. It seems pretty robust. The PIC IC's are virtually indestructible also.

Best wishes//Neil

thanks a lot, I can't wait to try and see if it works so I can go on with the wiring and then start building the 'console'

3dOrganist

PostSat Mar 19, 2005 5:56 pm

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the bridge rectifier on Midiboutique's power supply input will route the polarity correctly no matter how you wire the connector.

Mark

BrentonB

Polarity

PostSun Mar 20, 2005 3:04 am

You are all correct. Doesn't matter what polarity is used as the bridge rectifer will sort it out. I'm using the first HWce module Jordan developed and it is working really fine.
Cheers
Brenton

Return to Audio / MIDI interfacing