It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 9:33 pm

keyboard

Connecting Hauptwerk to MIDI organs, sequencers, ...
  • Author

bruiser

keyboard

PostMon Oct 20, 2003 6:51 am

I am building a custom 2 tier console. I need 2 sets of 61 keys. I have a Korg poly61 and have removed the keyboard (key panel?) from it. It uses a 8x8 scanner with a circuitboard and diodes(not sure of diode number) mounted to the base of it. I need another one & can purchase a new Casio ct495 for AU$199. Can I be confident that it will also have a 8x8 scan matrix of diodes mounted to the base of the key panel? It seems the best way of getting another board of 61 keys rather than trying for a spare part.

BachsFugue

PostMon Oct 20, 2003 11:51 pm

bruiser,
I think the diodes are simply switching diodes. I purchased a used Radio Shack keyboard on ebay. The RS keyboards are by Casio. They have the 8x8. (I chopped the RS to make a MIDI pedal set. I haven't finished the project, but I have tested it with off-the-shelf switching diodes from Radio Shack. It works!) I think you'll be safe with Casio. I wouldn't spend much money on it. The RS was cheap (about US $56). I could have obtained something for less, but, at the time, I was running blind.
Good luck,
Cole
Cole Votaw -- Springfield, Ohio, USA

bruiser

PostTue Oct 21, 2003 4:00 am

thanks BachsFugue. I will try Casio then. Nothing cheap on e-bay in AU that's 61 notes.

Return to Audio / MIDI interfacing