It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:17 am

Sharing piston config across all of my organs?

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

162_Ranks

Sharing piston config across all of my organs?

PostMon Jun 19, 2017 9:11 am

I'm sure this is in the manual somewhere but I am having trouble finding it. I have just added keyslip and toe pistons to my console, and I'd like to set up all of my 20+ instruments to use the same mapping to the master sequencer controls. I can't find how to do it!

A pointer to the right section of the manual would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Brad

mdyde

Re: Sharing piston config across all of my organs?

PostMon Jun 19, 2017 10:00 am

Hello Brad,

All of the virtual Master combination pistons' MIDI settings are completely independent between organs -- none are shared, and there's no functionality currently to copy those settings from one organ to another (although we do have that logged as an enhancement request for the longer-term). Currently you need to auto-detect them in each organ separately.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

telemanr

PostMon Jun 19, 2017 10:19 am

I feel Brad's disappointment. I have too many organs and I gave up trying to get my newish toe pistons set up in all of them. It's exhausting. So far, after months, I've done my most used organs which is about 10 %.
It does encourage naps though so it's not all bad.
Rob Enns

162_Ranks

PostMon Jun 19, 2017 11:09 am

Well, on the positive side, I didn't just not RTFM.

But this going to be a pain. Looking forward to that enhancement!

johnstump_organist

PostSun Jun 25, 2017 11:38 am

I requested this some time back and am looking forward to it as well. Doing just the Master generals and some coupler reversibles is not SO bad, (although somewhat annooying) even when you have to do Input 1 and 2 for pistons and toe studs. For me, the most painstaking part is scoping the divisionals. BUT, the only way I could see that working would be to get all sample set producers to label stop controls with a consistent Division I, Division II etc. type label where Div. I was the Great, Hauptwerk Grand Orgue or any other name the main division might be called. Division II could be Choir, Positive, Ruck positive, etc. Division III Swell, Recit etc. but would it include Echo divisions, an occasional name for the Swell (think some English and French Classical organs) but also the name for a separate division on an organ that has a swell and en echo (think early 20th century AMerican organs).
One could also run into trouble with some more esoteric division names or individual organs. For example some Fisk organs had Choir and Positive divisons, so that would defeat calling all such divisions "Division II" and if an organ had a Brustwerk and a Swell and you had decided to make them Division III in general you would have trouble there.
John

mnailor

PostSun Jun 25, 2017 4:21 pm

I don't spend much time scoping divisionals, but it takes me a long time to auto learn the master generals and scoped combinations exactly the same on each organ. That's 76 MIDI controls that could just be my defaults for all two dozen samplesets, since my console hardware isn't changing very often... Oh, well, I can see why this isn't a top priority feature.

smfrank

PostSun Jun 25, 2017 7:29 pm

mdyde wrote:although we do have that logged as an enhancement request for the longer-term

I know what that means, and since I’m turning 65 next month, I’ll never see it.
Steve
Steven Frank

mdyde

PostMon Jun 26, 2017 3:22 am

johnstump_organist wrote:For me, the most painstaking part is scoping the divisionals. BUT, the only way I could see that working would be to get all sample set producers to label stop controls with a consistent Division I, Division II etc. type label where Div. I was the Great, Hauptwerk Grand Orgue or any other name the main division might be called. Division II could be Choir, Positive, Ruck positive, etc. Division III Swell, Recit etc. but would it include Echo divisions, an occasional name for the Swell (think some English and French Classical organs) but also the name for a separate division on an organ that has a swell and en echo (think early 20th century AMerican organs).
One could also run into trouble with some more esoteric division names or individual organs. For example some Fisk organs had Choir and Positive divisons, so that would defeat calling all such divisions "Division II" and if an organ had a Brustwerk and a Swell and you had decided to make them Division III in general you would have trouble there.

Hello John,

Unfortunately I don't think it would realistically be feasible to transfer scopes between organs, since it's effectively impossible to require uniformity of labelling for all sample sets and sample sets and producers.

mnailor wrote:Oh, well, I can see why this isn't a top priority feature.

smfrank wrote:I know what that means, and since I’m turning 65 next month, I’ll never see it.

I do understand, and it is a high-priority enhancement request, and I very much hope that at some point in the future we might have more people working with us so that we can get new features implemented faster.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

mnailor

PostMon Jun 26, 2017 5:41 pm

Thank you, Martin.

Return to Technical support