It is currently Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:01 pm

Launchpads don't always get recognized by paramount samples

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

fchazz

Launchpads don't always get recognized by paramount samples

PostFri May 29, 2020 7:19 pm

I am now running a mac mini with Catalina and 16 gigs of ram. Sometimes when I start the computer and then Hauptwerk version 5, all 6 of my launchpads are seen by Hauptwerk, I know because it starts, but when a Paramount sampleset loads up one or two of them my not light up. Not always the same ones either. So I have to completely shut everything down and restart everything over again until all 6 launchpads light up as they should. I also had this problem on my last mac mini with high sierra.
Any ideas?

engrssc

Re: Launchpads don't always get recognized by paramount samp

PostFri May 29, 2020 7:49 pm

How are the L/p's connected to the computer? Powered hub maybe? Are you using the computer startup delay so that all of the L/P's are on line before Hauptwerk looks for them? See page 141 of the user manual.

Rgds,
Ed

fchazz

PostSat May 30, 2020 7:08 am

Yes, delay is setup. Hauptwerk sees that they are online or I would get that screen that tells me they are off line. Buy when the sample loads they don't always ALL light up. Like I said, repeating the startup process will usually get me there. Yes they are tied into powered hubs.

mdyde

PostSat May 30, 2020 7:31 am

Hello Frank,

My guess would be that your USB hub isn't supplying enough power (or sometimes is temporarily dropping connections to one or more of them), even though it is powered. Perhaps try a (good-quality, powered) USB hub that supplies more power, or even use split the Launchpads across two (good-quality, powered) USB hubs, so that the power load is shared between the two.

The Launchpads probably each draw quite a bit of current.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

fchazz

PostSat May 30, 2020 8:09 am

Thanks, I will add another powered hub and spread the load out a bit. Right now I have all six launchpads going into one hub. I will try it with three into one hub times two.

Return to Technical support