It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 7:52 am

What organs are in HW 5 Licensing Package?

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

DaveMax

What organs are in HW 5 Licensing Package?

PostSun May 31, 2020 4:48 pm

I have HW 5 authorized on iLok, but have not yet moved from HW 4 to 5. Want to be certain all of my current organs will migrate. Is there any way to see a list of what organs are covered in the licensing package, to make sure I would get iLok codes for each of the ones I have? Thanks for any insights anyone has.

Dave McCallister

mnailor

Re: What organs are in HW 5 Licensing Package?

PostSun May 31, 2020 6:03 pm

I don't think the licensing package is the final word on this. The licenses that exist on your HW 4 dongle are the only ones that will migrate to iLok when you do the one-time license migration after installing HW 5. The licensing package is a master list of all the possible sampleset licenses, but doesn't prove whether there's a HW 5 compatible install kit for the organ.

The only way to know for sure is to check each sampleset producer to see if yours have been migrated.

engrssc

PostSun May 31, 2020 6:05 pm

You will have to download the V5 version of each organ from the respective organ creator's website. The previous V4 organ sample sets will not work with Hauptwerk V5. There many posts on this Forum which explain the process. You can use the 'search" function to find them.

For starters you can read the HWV user manual. As well check here for some basics::

http://forum.hauptwerk.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=18453&p=139076&hilit=step+by+step#p139074

Rgds,
Ed

mdyde

PostMon Jun 01, 2020 3:33 am

Hello Dave,

To add to others' replies:

The Hauptwerk master licensing package ( https://www.hauptwerk.com/licensingpackages/ ) includes the necessary packages for *all* current iLok-licensed v5-format sample sets that are available (from all sample set producers).

To my knowledge, v5 versions are available of *all* v4 sample sets that would need them (i.e. all v4 encrypted sample sets), from all sample set producers, with the exception of Midi Pipe Organ: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=18192
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support