It is currently Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:16 am

Slow load times on Win 10

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

Wwhel21

Slow load times on Win 10

PostFri Oct 16, 2020 4:58 pm

About a week ago, I noticed a significant slow-down in loading the Armley-Schulze 57-stop complete version on my 64GB Win 10 system. Prior to that the instrument would load in a minute or two; now - with no changes that I've made to the system - it is taking close to 15 minutes to load. When the loading is finished it seems to work as it always did, but it's painful to wait such a long time to have access to the organ :cry:

I've not been on the Forum for a while, but if anyone can point me to a thread that's addressed this issue or suggest a fix I'd much appreciate it.

Thanks,
Bill

micdev

Site Admin

Re: Slow load times on Win 10

PostFri Oct 16, 2020 5:54 pm

Hello Bill,

Here is a recent link about a similar problem with some suggestions - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=18931&p=142522&hilit=slow+disk#p142522. You will find other threads on the forum if you search "slow disk"

If your computer is using a SSD/M.2 drive check to see if there is any new firmware. Also it is possible that Win10 updated lately and replaced some drivers. Check with the manufacturers if any new drivers are available.

To protect you from future "replacement" of your drivers when Win10 updates, type in WIndows search box "SYSDM.CPL" then click "Hardware tab | Device installation settings" and tick NO
Best regards
François

Virtually sharing my enthusiasm and experience with you
Worldwide technical assistance, consultation and ready to play system.

http://www.HauptwerkConsultant.com

AND Hauptwerk Support Manager

Wwhel21

Re: Slow load times on Win 10

PostSat Oct 17, 2020 2:20 pm

Thanks very much Francois for the link to the previous thread and your additional thoughts.

I've never had to reset any of the Win 10 default settings, so maybe now is the time. Then check driver updates, recache the Armley enhanced surround organ, and try all the other suggestions.

Best regards,
Bill

Return to Technical support