It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2024 5:06 pm

Setting combinations usung thumb pistons

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

Antoni Scott

Setting combinations usung thumb pistons

PostWed Jun 12, 2024 6:42 pm

I have been having new problems being able to set a stop selection using my thumb pistons. To the best of my knowledge the proper procudure to create a stop selection using a thumb piston is to first set up all the thumb pistons (i.e. 1-20) one at a time by going to
Organ Settings - Midi/key triggersfor Master Pistons 1-20
One thumb piston is dedicated to a General cancel, another thumb piston to the Setter

I select stops that I wish to capture, press the Setter piston then press the thumb piston to capture that combination and then press the Setter piston again. Usually that worked in the past, Now, for some reason the previous stops that I captured show up, not the new combination.

I went through everyone of my thumb pistons and used Auto-Detect to select 1 -20 but it keeps bringing up the old combination. Is it possible to clear all of the information on all of my thumb pistons without affecting anything else ? Or if not, how do I delete the stop selection of a thumb piston so that I can put a new combination on it ?
Antoni

mnailor

Re: Setting combinations usung thumb pistons

PostWed Jun 12, 2024 7:32 pm

On some consoles, the Set piston has to be held while you press the general piston, rather than pressed and released right away. You should see the word "Set" stay on in Hauptwerk's status bar while you're pressing the general piston. That's not necessarily the problem, but it's easy to check.

mdyde

PostThu Jun 13, 2024 3:45 am

Hello Antoni,

To add to Mark's reply (thanks very much as always, Mark), try keeping the "Registration" large control panel open (which can be opened if needed via "View | Large floating controls panels ..." from the main menu).

You could watch the state of the Setter piston there (lit=on, unlit=off), and potentially test setting and recalling master generals by clicking on them. You can also auto-detect them by right-clicking on them on the control panel (thus avoiding the need to do so via a settings screen).
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

magnaton

PostThu Jun 13, 2024 10:22 am

Antoni Scott wrote:I select stops that I wish to capture, press the Setter piston then press the thumb piston to capture that combination and then press the Setter piston again. Usually that worked in the past, Now, for some reason the previous stops that I captured show up, not the new combination.

If I read this correctly, it seems in the past your Setter button was configured (Auto-detected) as a "Toggle". Now it appears to be configured as "Momentary" (the SET only lights up when piston is being pressed). The latter is the correct design of any modern organ as Mark described in his post.

Danny B.

Return to Technical support