It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:07 am

Support Silbermann 1761

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

mroels1989

Support Silbermann 1761

PostWed Mar 23, 2016 9:15 pm

I have bought the Silbermann 1761 but it doesn't work.
Can anyone help me with this?

STEP by STEP please and try to explain it easy.
I am not a hero with a computer!

I start completely from zero. I deleted everything to start in the correct way.

As you see, I can't fine the organ in the Load Organ menu.

organtechnology

Re: Support Silbermann 1761

PostWed Mar 23, 2016 10:06 pm

Hi,

You are one step too early; first you must load the sample set into Hauptwerk.
go to File>Install organ or temperament>find the organ file you downloaded to your computer>click on it and then click open. After you have gone through this process the organ should be visible under Organ>load organ which will show the list of available organs to load. This process starts on page 74 of the v4 manual.

Best regards,

Thomas
Complete Hauptwerk™ systems using real wood consoles, PC Sound Engines, Dante Audio for Home or Church. info (at) organtechnology.com http://www.organtechnology.com
Authorized Hauptwerk; Milan Digital Audio and Lavender Audio reseller.
USA and Canada shipments only.

mroels1989

PostWed Mar 23, 2016 11:02 pm

I have 3 rar files for the organ. Which one do I choose?
I tried with the lowest number but it's the same problem.
I don't find the organ in the Load menu.

My opinion is now: a lot of money for something that doesn't work.

johnstump_organist

PostThu Mar 24, 2016 12:11 am

Load all three rar files after you finish the last one it will ask if you want to install the organ. Everything should be fine after that. Many organs come with two, three four or more rar files, it is the equivalent of different DVDs. Just load all of them and you will get the organ. Make sure you downloaded all the rar's from the website.
John

organtechnology

PostThu Mar 24, 2016 12:14 am

It will not be in the load menu until after you install it.

To start: click File>click Install organ or temperament>browse to the folder where the RAR files are located>click on the first one and install it. You will see the ranks and notes whiz by as it loads. repeat with the second and then the third.

When you have installed all of the files, you can find it in the load organ list. click on the name and it will display the sample set as shown on page 74.

Thousands of people have made this work for them, you can too.

Thomas
Complete Hauptwerk™ systems using real wood consoles, PC Sound Engines, Dante Audio for Home or Church. info (at) organtechnology.com http://www.organtechnology.com

mroels1989

PostThu Mar 24, 2016 12:19 am

That's the problem now.
I've installed the first one, but I get this message + I don't see the menu where I can select the registers.
Also when I've installed number 2 or 3, I don't see the dialogue frame where I can select the registers.

Sorry for my unpatience, but it's a lot of money, and it doesn't work.

http://postimg.org/image/w72wfehwz/

organtechnology

PostThu Mar 24, 2016 12:33 am

That is the error message that you have not got the license on your Hauptwerk key yet. It does that when you try to load an organ ODF before getting the key updated. Send a license update request to Hauptwerk via their web site http://www.hauptwerk.com/forms/license-updates/ like you did to get Hauptwerk activated only tell them the order number where you bought the sample set.

Looks to me like you are making progress.

Thomas

mroels1989

PostThu Mar 24, 2016 12:50 am

I received yesterday this message from OrganART:

Hauptwerk/MDA (Milan Digital Audio) will contact you by email for unlocking the organ license on your USB license stick.
You can use the form on the Hauptwerk site for submitting your dongle file:
http://www.hauptwerk.com/forms/license-updates/
Enter your personal data and the Order/Reference # (see MDA email header or leave blank, if not provided) and submit.
MDA will send you the updated dongle file, which you install with Hauptwerk function "Apply a license update file". Now the set could be installed and will run.

I asked to OrganART: The update for the dongle, is this for the download AND the USB licence stick for this sampleset?
Or only for the USB licence stick of the sampleset?

They answerd: Hello,

> Or only for the USB licence stick of the sampleset?

Yes, it's for the sample set licenses on the USB license stick.

Regards
H. Maier

So the answer was wrong?

Another question: In the uninstall menu (Hauptwerk) there's still a TEMP file from the Silbermann.
The temporary folder on my D drive is empty. Is it normal that I cannot uninstall this TEMP file in Hauptwerk?

Another question 2: It was the 3rd time I tried to install the first rar file. Only the TEMP file is in the uninstall menu. Can I start with the other 2 rar's now?

mdyde

PostThu Mar 24, 2016 4:26 am

Hello Maarten,

Sorry to hear that you're having difficulties and feeling a little frustrated.

The licence for the sample set needs to be enabled within your Hauptwerk USB key before you will be able to install, or use, the sample set. We process those licence updates by hand as soon as we're notified about them by the sample sets vendors.

I've just checked, and we were notified yesterday about your OAM sample set purchase. We then sent you an email (yesterday) with the necessary instructions for you to follow. (Perhaps check your email application's 'spam' folder, in case your email application incorrectly classified that email as spam.)

This was the contents of the email, covering the necessary steps:

Hello Maarten,

We need to perform a license update to your Hauptwerk USB key for a recent order you have made. Please follow the steps below to initiate your license update.

Attach the Hauptwerk USB key to your computer and launch Hauptwerk.
Click "File | Create a license update request file..."
Save the file to your desktop (do not zip or modify this file).

Visit this page: http://www.hauptwerk.com/licenseupdates to submit your license update request file and we will send the update back to you as soon as possible with instructions for applying the update.

IMPORTANT: Once you have used the 'File | Create a license update request file...' menu option to create the file to send to us, please do not use this menu option again until you have received and have applied the file that we will email back to you, otherwise the update will need to be repeated.

Best regards,
The MDA Team

After you've sent us the requested file, you need to wait until you've received the resulting licence update file back from us (in an email, with instructions). You then need to apply the file you receive from us, following the instructions that will be included in the email you receive.

That will enable the licence on your USB key.

Once that's done, you need to install *all* (three) of the package files from the sample set's DVD(s) using 'File | Install ...' in Hauptwerk, one after the other. (It doesn't matter that you've already tried to install some of them previously -- just install all three again, since they will be able to install properly this time, since the necessary licence will be present in your USB key.)

Don't try to load the organ (e.g. via 'Organ | Load ...') until you've installed *all* (three, in this case) of the sample set's package files.

Once all of the package files have been installed, you can then load the organ (e.g. using 'Organ | Load organ...') and it should work as normal.

The same process applies to installing any sample set that's licensed via the USB key, i.e.:

- The vendor of the sample set producer will notify us about the sale.

- We then send you an email to arrange to enable the sample set in your USB key.

- You need to follow those instructions and apply the resulting licence update file you receive back from us, which will enable the sample set in your USB key.

- Once the sample set is enabled, you then need to install *all* of the package files for it, one after the other.

- Once it's installed, you should then be able to load and use it as normal.

mroels1989 wrote:Another question: In the uninstall menu (Hauptwerk) there's still a TEMP file from the Silbermann.
The temporary folder on my D drive is empty. Is it normal that I cannot uninstall this TEMP file in Hauptwerk?

Another question 2: It was the 3rd time I tried to install the first rar file. Only the TEMP file is in the uninstall menu. Can I start with the other 2 rar's now?

I'm not sure I fully understand what you're referring to, but please try following my instructions above, and then let us know if you still have any problems after doing that.

I hope that helps.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

mroels1989

PostThu Mar 24, 2016 8:23 am

It's this file I cannot delete:

(click on the image)

mdyde

PostThu Mar 24, 2016 8:36 am

Hello Maarten,

The component in your screenshot is 'Temper: Organ-Silbermann'. That's a temperament (not a temporary file), which is a standard part of Hauptwerk ; it isn't related in any way to the OAM Silbermann sample set you've been trying to install.

It's normal and expected that you can't un-install that temperament, since it's a core part of Hauptwerk.
Best regards, Martin.

mroels1989

PostThu Mar 24, 2016 8:46 am

So I can request an update, install the update and then begin to install part 1, 2, 3 of the Sibermann and then load the organ without problems?

mroels1989

PostThu Mar 24, 2016 10:47 am

Installation of the sampleset completed!
Thank you for all the help.

mdyde

PostFri Mar 25, 2016 4:32 am

Thanks, Maarten.

Glad to hear you have it installed and working now.
Best regards, Martin.

Return to Technical support