It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

Factory defaults

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

ludu

Factory defaults

PostSat Jun 11, 2016 11:25 am

Hello,
In the "File" menu we have "Reset all Hauptwerk Settings to Factory Defaults". I suppose it only resets the current configuration and not the 4 occurrences of HW. Could you please confirm? Thanks in advance.
Luc

profeluisegarcia

Re: Factory defaults

PostSat Jun 11, 2016 11:46 am

Hello Luc, I think that is the case. I have used the function ...Reset all Hauptwerk Settings ...to Alt. Conf .
2 and 3, and the main configuration and settings, registration, etc, remains unaltered.
L.

OrganoPleno

PostSat Jun 11, 2016 1:41 pm

ludu wrote:In the "File" menu we have "Reset all Hauptwerk Settings to Factory Defaults". I suppose it only resets the current configuration and not the 4 occurrences of HW. Could you please confirm?

I'd be careful with this one! As I recall, when I pushed that button to find out what it would do, it DELETED all of my Organ Cache Files. Meaning I then had to re-build each one again from scratch... very time consuming. And I don't recall whether it also DELETED all of my Organ Settings Files, which contain things like console assignments for keyboards and pistons, and every voicing adjustment.

If you have all of these things independently backed up so you can restore them at will, then you are less likely to get into trouble with the "Factory Reset" button.

TheOrganDoc

PostSat Jun 11, 2016 3:15 pm

I was going to do the same thing, Thank you for the Warning ! :oops:

Instead I will , (On the Voicing screen of the Second HW Config),
Reset each Voicing item Separately to it's Original (0) setting !

If this is not more realistic than my "First HW setup",
I will still have my original settings ! :roll:

Thanks again, and Best Wishes, Mel
Mel..............TheOrganDoc...............

profeluisegarcia

PostSat Jun 11, 2016 11:51 pm

Hello all:
I just made this test with my spare HW computer:
1) Open HW (normal) + install Utrecht + assign different functions to virtual toolbar + save changes...
2) Exit HW normal and open HW Alt. Conf. 2 + install St. Anne + Revert...to factory defaults
3) Exit Alt. Conf. 2 and Open HW normal + load Utrecht
Result: the different functions from step 1) appear again :? :? :?

Anyway Luc, please do not risk anything on my word¡

ludu

PostSun Jun 12, 2016 12:47 am

Thanks All and specially Luis for his test.
I am wondering what Martin will answer after the week-end...
Last edited by ludu on Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Luc

mdyde

PostSun Jun 12, 2016 4:30 am

Hello Luc et al.,

'File | Revert all Hauptwerk settings to factory defaults' reverts *all* Hauptwerk settings (including preferences, audio settings, all MIDI settings, voicing, audio routing, etc.) for the specific configuration from which you select it to their factory defaults. (Given that audio and routing settings are also reset, it will inherently also be necessary for the organ caches to be regenerated too, for that configuration only.)

When you select the option from the menu it actually tells you exactly what it will revert/reset, and gives you the options to continue or cancel.

It doesn't affect any other configurations, or wipe any combination sets (they're shared between all configurations), or un-install any organs.

Note also that Hauptwerk will (unless you specifically cancel it) automatically make a full backup of your settings immediately before reverting them, just in case you change your mind and want to get them back later (via 'File | Restore ...). (You can of course also use 'File | Backup ...' manually whenever you like.)

ludu wrote:In the "File" menu we have "Reset all Hauptwerk Settings to Factory Defaults". I suppose it only resets the current configuration and not the 4 occurrences of HW.

Correct.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

ludu

PostSun Jun 12, 2016 7:49 am

Many thanks Martin.
Have a nice week-end.
Luc

Return to Technical support