It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 4:42 am

audio group....missing notes channel 9/10

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

orgoblo

audio group....missing notes channel 9/10

PostTue Jun 28, 2016 7:22 pm

Hi Forum

This appears to have come up before: Missing notes on the mixdown channels. All was working well for me until I started chasing (and fixed) my distortion on mixdown (was overdriving the DA).

In doing the distortion debug I even reset to factory all the settings. Shotgun?? Anyway....I added the addition groups as required 'main output (Delta 1010LT 003/004) 001/002 and did so up to and including channel 9/10. Then in the 'advance' under routing I called up EACH group (eg: 003/004) in the drop down box. BUT>..I AM NOT ABLE to pull other than 'none' in the drop down for box 'aux send 1) for example. The only option is NONE. Previously I had the option to select 009/010 or some such as I recall. NODA now.

IN the headphones (right off the DA) I hear what sounds to be the spacing of the tone. FOr example: Flute 8 sounds on C and F ONLY ...in the first octave. then maybe E and A sound in the 2nd octave. Kinda funny really. And talk about a weird ensemble while playing!!!

So there it is. BTW: I made sure 'PRIMARY' has been selected in one of those boxes (I forget under which one....maybe 'routing audio groups'. I don't recall. IOW: It is NOT something about 'directly send to aux channels'. I choose PRIMARY>

Is this vague enough??

Best
Dave

organtechnology

Re: audio group....missing notes channel 9/10

PostWed Jun 29, 2016 12:46 am

orgoblo wrote:Hi Forum

This appears to have come up before: Missing notes on the mixdown channels. All was working well for me until I started chasing (and fixed) my distortion on mixdown (was overdriving the DA).

In doing the distortion debug I even reset to factory all the settings. Shotgun?? Anyway....I added the addition groups as required 'main output (Delta 1010LT 003/004) 001/002 and did so up to and including channel 9/10. Then in the 'advance' under routing I called up EACH group (eg: 003/004) in the drop down box. BUT>..I AM NOT ABLE to pull other than 'none' in the drop down for box 'aux send 1) for example. The only option is NONE. Previously I had the option to select 009/010 or some such as I recall. NODA now.

IN the headphones (right off the DA) I hear what sounds to be the spacing of the tone. FOr example: Flute 8 sounds on C and F ONLY ...in the first octave. then maybe E and A sound in the 2nd octave. Kinda funny really. And talk about a weird ensemble while playing!!!

So there it is. BTW: I made sure 'PRIMARY' has been selected in one of those boxes (I forget under which one....maybe 'routing audio groups'. I don't recall. IOW: It is NOT something about 'directly send to aux channels'. I choose PRIMARY>

Is this vague enough??

Best
Dave

Hi again,

Under Routing and aux mix; set each pair used 1-2; 3-4; 5-6; 7-8 to Primary Output (destination for pipe routing)
and 9-10 for Aux mix-down. Then at 1-2 set the Aux send 1 destination to 9-10 mix-down. Now do the same for 3-4, 5-6, 7-8. All notes should now appear in 9-10. They should all send to 9-10 mix-down.

Thomas
Complete Hauptwerk™ systems using real wood consoles, PC Sound Engines, Dante Audio for Home or Church. info (at) organtechnology.com http://www.organtechnology.com
Authorized Hauptwerk; Milan Digital Audio and Lavender Audio reseller.
USA and Canada shipments only.

orgoblo

PostWed Jun 29, 2016 3:13 am

Hi Thomas

Yep!! Also found this
http://www.contrebombarde.com/concertha ... d/limit/10

I recall having referred to this link at the outset (just after advance upgrade). What recently happened: I did a 'revert to factory settings' knowing I'd loose all of my work, including piston mapping. I was trying to fix my 9/10 distortion and just started 'shotgun' approach. ah....dumb! Essentially I have always been overdriving the DA. I noticed this distortion especially with the headphones I just acquired. So, I just went in the 9/10 drop down (audio groups) and set the lever to -10db. This seems to have cleared the distortion.

Thanks so much for you reply Thomas!

Best
Dave

organtechnology

PostWed Jun 29, 2016 9:26 am

Glad to hear you fixed it.
Thomas

orgoblo wrote:Hi Thomas

Yep!! Also found this
http://www.contrebombarde.com/concertha ... d/limit/10

I recall having referred to this link at the outset (just after advance upgrade). What recently happened: I did a 'revert to factory settings' knowing I'd loose all of my work, including piston mapping. I was trying to fix my 9/10 distortion and just started 'shotgun' approach. ah....dumb! Essentially I have always been overdriving the DA. I noticed this distortion especially with the headphones I just acquired. So, I just went in the 9/10 drop down (audio groups) and set the lever to -10db. This seems to have cleared the distortion.

Thanks so much for you reply Thomas!

Best
Dave
Complete Hauptwerk™ systems using real wood consoles, PC Sound Engines, Dante Audio for Home or Church. info (at) organtechnology.com http://www.organtechnology.com
Authorized Hauptwerk; Milan Digital Audio and Lavender Audio reseller.
USA and Canada shipments only.

Return to Technical support