It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:24 am

Different HW configurations.

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

atugores

Different HW configurations.

PostFri Jul 22, 2016 6:37 am

Good afternoon, I want to use two ways of playing HW, one simple stereo mode with all the pipes sounding through a stereo amplifier and two speakers (almost used for study), and a second one with multi channel audio (some time playing) routing different pipes to different amplifiers an speakers with a total of 8 speakers, The audio card has 8 outputs.
Well I know how to do that, but the thing is, when I want to play the organ sample set only stereo I have to load it into one audio group, and viceversa when playing in multiple channels I have to load it again distributing the pipes to the diverse output audio groups, load one way load the other way, quite a good job everytime.
So, is it posible to have an HW with a stereo organ sample config (1 audio group), and another HW (HW-2) with the same organ sample load it in a multiple channel audio configuration, avoiding to do the loadings everytime?. Thank you

BarryG

Re: Different HW configurations.

PostFri Jul 22, 2016 7:52 am

See if page 30 onward in the users' guide describes how to do what you want to do.

There are four Hauptwerk configurations available when Hauptwerk is installed; each can have completely different settings. I use one for my speaker configuration, where I have to voice sample sets to reduce standing wave issues in my living room; a second one for listening through headphones with no voiceing, and a third to handle different speaker audio routing for surround sound sample sets (so far I just have a demo of one). The four configurations showed up as different icon/shortcuts on my home screen in Windows as part of the initial installation of Hauptwerk, and I renamed them appropriately.

Barry

Return to Technical support