It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:36 pm

"SET" button toggles on and off - how to fix?

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

georgefung

"SET" button toggles on and off - how to fix?

PostWed Sep 28, 2016 9:42 pm

Hello, fellow Hauptwerkians,

I've run into this issue just recently, and I don't ever recall this happening to me on any of my sample sets.
I'll describe the problem on St. Anne's so that everyone can relate.

My "SET" button on my St. Anne's is programmed to a thumb piston on my console. Recently, this button started to toggle on and off, both when I clicked the SET button with my mouse on the screen as well as from my thumb piston. My SET button has always been a momentary button that would only be on when the thumb piston is depressed. This becomes rather annoying, as it can cause me to overwrite my existing combination settings, since I'm not always aware when the Set button is locked on.

I see that this occurs on all of my sample sets, as the SET button on the HW's Main console piston bar toggles on or off everytime I depress my programmed thumb piston.

I'd like to restore this button's setting to a momentary action, similar to the Set button on the lower left of a typical North-American electro-pneumatic pipe organ console, but I don't know how to restore the action.

Does anyone have any insight on how to do this? I've become quite familiar with the Hauptwerk software during the past year that I've owned my HW setup, and I've tried to adjust the properties of the button, but haven't had any success.

Thanks in advance, everybody,

George Fung
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

chr.schmitz

Re: "SET" button toggles on and off - how to fix?

PostWed Sep 28, 2016 10:59 pm

Hello George,

1. Press your 'Cancel' thumb piston on your console, right click the piston on the screen and select 'Auto-detect MIDI/trigger settings for general combination piston: Gen Cancel ...'. Keep the piston pressed and click 'Done'.

2. Right click the piston on the screen again and select 'Adjust MIDI/trigger settings for general combination piston: Gen Cancel ...'. Go to pane 'Input 2' and press 'Auto-detect settings'. Now release the thumb piston and click 'Done'.

Hope that helps.

Best,
Chris

mdyde

PostThu Sep 29, 2016 4:14 am

Hello George/Chris,

Actually, it should be much simpler than that:

As long as your MIDI piston sends an 'on' MIDI message (e.g. MIDI note-on) as you press it in and a separate 'off' message (e.g. MIDI note-off) as you release it, then you can just use Hauptwerk's standard auto-detection; just make sure that you press the piston in and then also release it before clicking the 'Done' button (as the on-screen auto-detection instructions describe), so that Hauptwerk has heard both the 'on' and 'off' messages. Also make sure that you don't tick the 'toggle' option on the auto-detection screen. It will then configure it appropriately automatically. (No need for any manual configuration or secondary input tabs.)

If that doesn't work, then check that your MIDI piston is indeed sending separate 'on' and 'off' messages (e.g. MIDI note-on/off) using e.g. MIDI-OX on Windows (when Hauptwerk isn't running): http://www.midiox.com/
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Antoni Scott

PostSun Oct 02, 2016 12:19 pm

Martin:
Thank you for your clear and concise instructions. All of my latch down foot levers (I have four of them) work. As always, a dedicated Hauptwerk owner.

Antoni

mdyde

PostMon Oct 03, 2016 4:24 am

Thanks, Antoni.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support