It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 9:33 am

Speakers distribution

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

atugores

Speakers distribution

PostSat Oct 01, 2016 5:06 am

In order not to stress the speakers (I have 4 front and 2 rear for surround) I would like to assign the main keyboard to a pair of speakers, and the swell to another pair, audio signal are coming from different outputs of a Motu audio interface, I tried to send the pedal to the subwoofer and the only thing I can hear is noise, a very deep bass noise not the pedal notes (this subwoofer is feed from another stereo output from the same Motu.
I need some help to configure this set of speakers in order to obtain clear sound, con anybody help on this, tank you

telemanr

Re: Speakers distribution

PostSat Oct 01, 2016 7:42 am

Pedal stops all have upper harmonics and a sub alone cuts off those higher frequencies. So a sub alone will never work satisfactorily.
I use a powered sub which also has outputs which carry those frequencies above its cutoff point and you connect those outputs on to a pair of ordinary monitors.
Rob Enns

IainStinson

PostSat Oct 01, 2016 8:13 am

Providing that the front speakers and amps are the same, I would make an audio group with your four front speakers, two stereo pairs, and create a mix-down from the group to send output to the sub. Use the HW cycle notes within octaves within ranks to share the output across your two stereo channels. Assign your main output to this group. Create another group with the two rear speakers, one stereo pair. The sub will receive the full range output but only play sounds within its designed range: the sub plays the low sounds from all of the front ranks.

See http://www.paramountorganworks.com/downloads/ParamountAudio.pdf from Paramount for instructions on setting this up.

This should make good, probably the best use of your speakers.

Iain

atugores

PostMon Oct 03, 2016 11:20 am

Thank you IainStinson that solution works perfect and the sound is fantastic, I thank you very much.

Return to Technical support