It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:42 pm

Lighted stop tabs

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

hschoof

Lighted stop tabs

PostThu Oct 06, 2016 4:00 am

I am having some problems with one of the systems I look after. This particlular one is a Window computer.
I just changed it to Windows 10 from Windows 7 professional in the hope it would help, but unfortunately it didn't.
The lighted rocker tab stops are for some reason changing their names. It may be fine for 20 times after switching the organ off and on again and then suddenly the name will change from CLASSIC Lighted Rockers 04-048 https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/426 ... G_2749.JPG to CLASSIC Lighted Rockers 06-048, 04-48A to 06-48B etc
The designations for each row changes to 06 from 04 or the other way around.
Hauptwerk then won’t start up as it can’t find the LRTs and I need to reconfigure them. How can I ensure this does not happen?
The two stop jambs are configured as channel 4 for the left and channel 6 for the right.
Possibly making them all channel 4 or 6 would help but I'm still wondering why.
Any ideas would be appreciated.
Last edited by hschoof on Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hans Schoof

engrssc

Re: Lighted stop tabs

PostThu Oct 06, 2016 4:09 am

Are you referring to a touch screen graphic? I don't see an attached photo.

Rgds,
Ed

hschoof

PostThu Oct 06, 2016 5:15 am

Thank you for pointing that out Ed. :oops:
I have placed a link in my previous post.
Hans Schoof

IainStinson

PostThu Oct 06, 2016 5:41 am

Are these all connected via USB to the computer? If they are then Windows may be presenting them with different ids on some startups. Are they all connected individually or via a USB powered hub? Has there been any changes to the USB connectivity? A common solution seems to be to use a powered USB hub for USB connected inputs. I assume if this is powered on along with devices before the computer is booted that it reduces the chances of Windows detecting what it sees as a USB change.

Iain

mdyde

PostThu Oct 06, 2016 6:11 am

Hello Hans,

Yes -- Windows' default USB-MIDI driver (which I know the Classic MIDI Works rocker tabs use) does have a nasty habit of renaming devices occasionally (which will make the them appear to be different/new devices to Hauptwerk). It's especially likely to occur if any USB connections are changed (e.g. if plugging in or unplugging any other devices, or plugging things into different USB ports). It comes up fairly frequently on the forum. E.g. here's one topic with some suggestions:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=14811&p=110405#p110405

Updating the PC's BIOS, and/or connecting all MIDI hardware via real MIDI cables to a single good-quality multi-port MIDI interface (e.g. a MOTU Microlite or Express 128), and/or connecting all USB-MIDI devices via a good-quality (e.g. Belkin) *powered* USB 2.0 hub, often avoids the issue.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

hschoof

PostThu Oct 06, 2016 6:45 am

Thank you all for your replies.
I have a powered USB hub for each stop jamb and the connections never get moved from one port to another, so that should not be an issue.
Iain, your comment about the stops being powered on before the computer is fired up may be correct.
Another (Windows) Hauptwerk computer I have set up has the stops powered on permanently and it doesn't happen there, or so very rarely that I've only ever thought of it as a bit of a glitch. I'll try that out over the next few days when I can get to it and let you know.
Hans Schoof

Return to Technical support