It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 4:54 pm

pre-pipe voicing

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

chabflow

pre-pipe voicing

PostSat Nov 05, 2016 3:15 am

Hello, everybody,

what is "pre-piped voicing" as a featere HW advanced has and HW basic doesn't. And what is "wind model"?
I'm just thinking about shifting to HW advanced.
Wolfgang

mdyde

Re: pre-pipe voicing

PostSat Nov 05, 2016 4:33 am

Hello Wolfgang,

Thanks very much for the interest in upgrading.

There are details on those in the 'Hauptwerk | Features' section of the website here:

https://www.hauptwerk.com/learn-more/features/
http://www.hauptwerk.com/clientuploads/documentation/PDF/Hauptwerk4-Features-Datasheet.pdf

You can also try out the features of the Advanced Edition yourself by exiting Hauptwerk, temporarily detaching your Hauptwerk USB key, then launching Hauptwerk and selecting to evaluate the Advanced Edition. (First make sure you're using the current version of Hauptwerk, v4.2.1, via 'Help | About Hauptwerk' since the wind supply model wasn't available during evaluation mode in older versions.)

Just to clarify, the voicing feature is actually 'per-pipe voicing' (not 'pre-...') because it allows you to adjust various aspects of the sound of each virtual pipe individually. It's covered in depth in the 'Voicing facilities' section in the main Hauptwerk user guide (pages 175-178 in the current v4.2.1 version).

The wind supply model models the fluctuations in pressures and flow that occur at the various points around a real pipe organ's wind supply (wind-chests, regulators, interconnecting pipes, speaking pipes, leakages, etc.) imparting complex subtle movement to the sound of each pipe individually.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

chabflow

PostSat Nov 05, 2016 3:40 pm

Thanks, Martin; I had been linked to a site with the features listed, but not explained.
I decided to upgrade, since I want to purchase the Arlesheim Silbermann-Metzler organ, which needs more than 3GB RAM.
Also, the per :) -pipe may be helpfull, since there are resonance effects in my living room which make some bass tones extremely loud.
So, I'm looking forward playing this instrument!

Best regards,
Wolfgang

mdyde

PostSun Nov 06, 2016 4:24 am

Thanks very much, Wolfgang.

Hope you enjoy the additional features.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support