It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:23 am

Master Couplers

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

Jim U

Master Couplers

PostFri Nov 25, 2016 11:31 am

On my OLMC, the "Master Couplers" don't seem to be captured by the presets. Is there a work around? Since I use a two manual console, it's good to be able to couple Choir to Swell (uncommon on most organs). Can this be fixed? Also it would help if general presets could capture floating manual assignments (and clear them). Thanks,

IainStinson

Re: Master Couplers

PostFri Nov 25, 2016 11:59 am

As far as I know....

Master couplers are "normally" outside sample sets and not included in the combinations provided by the sample set itself. They (and "usually" all of the sample set stops) may be captured by HW's master combination system (pg 98 in the HW user Guide). The master scoped combinations (pg 101) can be used to provide similar functionality to the divisional pistons often provided by sample sets and these too can include the master couplers.

The "normally" and "usually" are included because sample sets can stop master couplers being available.

Hope this helps.

Iain

mdyde

PostFri Nov 25, 2016 1:41 pm

Hello Jim/Iain,

Yes -- Iain's correct (thanks as always, Iain) -- master couplers are included in Hauptwerk's master combinations (master generals, stepper, master scoped combinations, master crescendo, master reversibles, which can all be found on the 'Registration' large control panel), but they aren't included within combinations that sample set provides natively on its virtual console (unless the sample set creator has specifically included them there). Hence you need to use Hauptwerk's master combinations if you want to store/recall master couplers.

Jim U wrote:Also it would help if general presets could capture floating manual assignments (and clear them). Thanks,

It isn't possible to do that currently within Hauptwerk, but we do have an enhancement request logged for that, for the future.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Jim U

PostFri Nov 25, 2016 2:38 pm

Thanks to both of you. I thought it was something like that. Just haven't worked with that feature at all. Maybe it'll do everything I need.
Jim U

Return to Technical support