It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 12:58 pm

Coupling Manual Issues

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

mkc1

Coupling Manual Issues

PostSun Dec 11, 2016 5:31 pm

When playing a two-manual sample set from a three-manual console, I set the lowest manual to be a coupling manual by connecting it to Input 2 of both divisions controlled by the two upper manuals. I notice that if I'm holding a note on the middle manual, then press the same note on the lower (coupling) manual, then release the note on the middle manual, the note ceases to sound even though the key on the coupling manual is still pressed. I'm assuming that happens because the middle-manual key release has sent a note-off message to the divisions input 1, and it doesn't recognise that a note-on has also been sent to input 2 without a corresponding note-off. The same also happens if the note is released on the coupling manual rather than the middle manual. Is there a way around this?

Thanks!
Michael

IainStinson

Re: Coupling Manual Issues

PostSun Dec 11, 2016 7:27 pm

Please have a look http://forum.hauptwerk.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14765 which addresses these problems.

Iain
Last edited by IainStinson on Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

mkc1

PostSun Dec 11, 2016 8:05 pm

Thanks Ian! I did a quick search for other topics, but apparently it was a bit too quick. I wondered if floating manuals could be used but assumed the same problem would existing with the midi-off cancelling the note playing no matter how it was routed. Good to know that's not the case. Thanks again!

Michael

mdyde

PostMon Dec 12, 2016 4:35 am

Hello Michael,

Yes -- floating divisions would give the behaviour you're hoping for. (Thanks, Iain.)
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support