It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 2:04 am

How to move/copy an organ with all settings to alt-config1?

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

organplayer

How to move/copy an organ with all settings to alt-config1?

PostTue Jan 24, 2017 4:37 am

Hello,

I have installed a lot of samplesets (including demosets for spezial purposes). I configured a lot of settings for some organs. Now it becomes a little bit confusing. I would like to move (or copy) some of the organs including their time-consuming settings etc. to Hauptwerk alt-config 1 alt-config 2 etc. without doing all the work again.

I checked the manual but I didn't find some information about this (I think, it is not so unusual what I want to do :? ) Ok, my English is not so good, may be there is some information about that task I didn't find?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you and best regards

organplayer

ludu

Re: How to move/copy an organ with all settings to alt-confi

PostTue Jan 24, 2017 4:57 am

Hello,
1) You have to make a backup: pages 25–27
2) You open the alt config in which you wish to import your settings
3) You restore what you will: pages 28–32
Good luck.
Luc

IainStinson

PostTue Jan 24, 2017 5:41 am

This copies all the organs from one configuration to another overwriting any settings for organs in the target configuration. The uninstall function of the file menu removes organs from all configurations. I don't think you can use this to remove a specific organ from a configuration.

I think only the recently used and favourite organ lists are configuration specific, the load organ list offers all installed organs and is not configuration specific.

It would be good to have a supported way of moving an organ's settings between configurations.

Iain

mdyde

PostTue Jan 24, 2017 6:43 am

Hello organplayer,

[Topic moved here.]

Yes -- you can use Hauptwerk's backup/restore mechanism to copy all organs' settings from one configuration to another, but not currently just a subset of them (although that is logged as an enhancement request for future consideration).
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support