It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:06 am

Limiting volume range of swell boxes

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

Antoni Scott

Limiting volume range of swell boxes

PostFri Jan 27, 2017 8:47 am

Although I am not a big fan of swell boxes, most modern organs have them. With all my sample sets the closed box volume is too low. Is it possible to adjust the closed box volume so that is is not so quiet ? All of the adjustments I have attempted to make just change the mid point, speed of closing,, etc, but not the volume. I would like to limit the volume change between open and closed but still use the entire sweep of the balanced swell pedal.

mdyde

Re: Limiting volume range of swell boxes

PostFri Jan 27, 2017 9:18 am

Hello Antoni,

You can do that via the voicing screen -- it's one of the voicing parameters.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Antoni Scott

PostSun Jan 29, 2017 9:26 am

Hello Martin:
I am aware of the drop down menu for swell box volume, but none of the volume slide bars do anything. Obviously I am missing something, or something hasn't been set up properly.
Interestingly, out of all my sample sets, the only one that has what I consider a realistic volume control range that doesn't need any adjustment is the Metz. When the box is closed the reduced volume level is more in line with what I am familiar with.
Antoni

ludu

PostSun Jan 29, 2017 1:08 pm

Hello Antoni,
Have you tried 'Swell boxes: amplitude (dB)' in the 'Voicing pipes and ranks' menu? If you reduce this value for each stop of your swell division, you will reach what you wish.
Luc

mdyde

PostSun Jan 29, 2017 2:49 pm

Hello Antoni,

To add to Luc's reply:

Antoni Scott wrote:I am aware of the drop down menu for swell box volume, but none of the volume slide bars do anything. Obviously I am missing something, or something hasn't been set up properly.

Do you mean that the sliders are disabled (greyed-out, and don't move)?

If so, you must be looking at note numbers of pipes that aren't included in the selected rank, so you would need to scroll the window to the left or right to find the compass of the rank (which will have its sliders enabled).
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support