It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:08 pm

St. Anne Swell much softer than Great

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

TimM

St. Anne Swell much softer than Great

PostMon Mar 13, 2017 9:45 am

I'm wondering if it's correct for the Swell stops on the included St. Anne organ to be a LOT softer than the Great stops. The swell shutter pedal moves open and closed over its full range and properly impacts swell volume. But even with it wide open, the imbalance is huge. Stops that should be comparable are profoundly different in volume on the two manuals. My wife frequently plays works that have a single-line melody in the swell against a chord-like accompaniment in the great. If she's got anything more than a tiny registration in the great, she has to use a huge registration in the swell, much larger than the sweet solo stop she'd like, to have the melody come out over the loud great. I 'fixed' this by revoicing all swell stops, increasing their volume by about 10 db. It's fine now, but it seems unusual that I would have to take such extreme measures. Is the organ just designed this way, or am I perhaps missing something? Thanks!

B. Milan

Site Admin

Re: St. Anne Swell much softer than Great

PostMon Mar 13, 2017 9:55 am

Hello Tim,

Yes, that is how the organ was when we sampled it so we left it in tact as far as the balance between divisions.

Glad that you were able to make some voicing adjustments to suit your tastes.

Thank you.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

Return to Technical support