It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:42 am

HW, RME Fireface UFX, USB

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

johnh

HW, RME Fireface UFX, USB

PostTue Mar 21, 2017 1:53 pm

Curious if anyone else had had issues with the combination of software, hardware, and interface in the subject. On one system I work with we've started getting "An error occurred while running Hauptwerk. Windows exception code C0000005". I believe it's a Windows 7 system with the latest RME drivers...

mnailor

Re: HW, RME Fireface UFX, USB

PostTue Mar 21, 2017 2:24 pm

I've used a UFX with USB and Windows 7 Pro for over 3 years with no problems.

mdyde

Re: HW, RME Fireface UFX, USB

PostWed Mar 22, 2017 4:46 am

Hello John,

I have a UFX and had no problems previously when I was using Windows 7, although I only tried it briefly via USB (since I normally use it via FireWire). I've been using Windows 10 for past couple of years.

Some things you might want to to check, if you haven't done so already:

- Make sure that you have the latest version of the UFX's FireWire *and* USB firmware installed. (RME have separate firmware for it for USB and FireWire.)

- Similarly, make sure that the you have the latest version of the UFX's USB driver specifically.

- (Also check all available BIOS and Windows updates installed.)

- Make sure all Windows and BIOS power saving options are disabled, and especially the options to put the USB ports to sleep, since a dropped connection between a driver and Hauptwerk will usually crash Hauptwerk indirectly.

- Test RAM and hard-drive/SSD for errors.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support