It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:56 pm

Question on minor master volume issues

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

TimM

Re: Question on minor master volume issues

PostSat Mar 25, 2017 7:29 am

Got it. Thank you. I would never change the master volume while playing, so overhead is not a problem. This master volume I've set up is strictly for protecting ears with big registrations or wowing visitors with shaking windows. So because you confirmed that volume is just the sum, and the only problem is overhead, I'm comfortable with what I've got, at least for now. Thank you!

Tim

mdyde

PostSat Mar 25, 2017 8:16 am

Thanks, Tim.

You're very welcome.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

mnailor

PostSat Mar 25, 2017 10:10 am

About Caen, you said you can't default certain foot levers to on. But I have the anches ventils all defaulted to on just by ticking a box under adjust midi settings for the control after right clicking on the lever, and that's a persistent setting. What levers did you mean?

TimM

PostSat Mar 25, 2017 11:06 am

You are correct, and I have that default also ticked. It's no big deal, but even with that ticked, the levers do not actually default on. They are all off when the organ loading is complete. They move to their default ON position when I hit the general cancel, so when my wife plays the Caen organ, I have to emphasize to her that she needs to press the Cancel piston before setting any registrations. Her sweet but nonmechanical mind is already boggled with aspects of Hauptwerk, and this is just one more thing for her to remember..

Tim

mnailor

PostSat Mar 25, 2017 12:42 pm

Two more things to try on Caen: Make sure you have the most current update of Caen 2.5, and make sure you tick the default on for each screen's version of the control. There were about 3 for each lever. I don't have to hit GC.

TimM

PostSat Mar 25, 2017 2:55 pm

Sure enough, I had ticked them on only one screen. I fixed that and was sure that would solve the problem, but it did not. I also found instruction on the SP blog for having them on by default. Their instructions did not solve it either. I've got a message in to SP tech support, so I'll just wait and see what they say. It's no big deal, just have to hit Cancel at startup. Still, if you do not have to do that, something is wrong on my end, and I'd love to fix it. Thanks for your suggestions, and I'll let you know how this resolves.

Tim

OrganoPleno

PostSat Mar 25, 2017 10:37 pm

TimM wrote:I also found instruction on the SP blog for having them on by default. Their instructions did not solve it either.

Did you install the Caen version 2.5.1 update, available for free download on the SP Website? Perhaps you figured that a recently obtained Caen purchase would include the latest update. But that could very well be the issue here.

TimM

PostSun Mar 26, 2017 4:31 am

I've downloaded 2.51, but I'm holding off on installing it until I hear from their tech support. I've extensively revoiced the Caen for my room, and I would be annoyed if the update set all voicing back to default. One would think that there would be a way to identify the installed version, but I've looked like crazy and can't find it. I did buy Caen just a matter of days ago, so I would have hoped I would get the latest version, but as you say, I should not count on that.

Tim

mdyde

PostSun Mar 26, 2017 4:35 am

TimM wrote:One would think that there would be a way to identify the installed version, but I've looked like crazy and can't find it.

Hello Tim,

If you go to 'File | Uninstall ...' and it will show you the versions of all installed components.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

TimM

PostSun Mar 26, 2017 7:11 am

The 2.51 update went perfectly and fixed the problem. None of my voicing or other changes were impacted. Thank you for suggesting that I look for an update. Because I just purchased Caen days ago, I assumed it would be the latest version. Take nothing for granted!

Tim
Previous

Return to Technical support