It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:24 am

LaunchPad Min Mark 2 works well

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

TimM

LaunchPad Min Mark 2 works well

PostSat Mar 25, 2017 5:03 am

I just want to post a quick note on my experience with the LaunchPad Mini Mark 2. I see on the threads here that there has been some discussion of Mark 1 being natively integrated, but not Mark 2, and some having apparent success. This is mostly my experience.

I installed the Novation USB drivers, and no other software. When Hauptwerk starts, it recognizes the LaunchPad and asks me to confirm that I want to use it. The correct MIDI In and Out ports are enabled by default, so I don't have to do anything else.

I had no trouble at all setting up buttons on it to raise and lower master volume, start and stop the MIDI recorder, and access Master General combinations.

The Dim/Bright color selections work perfectly. For example, combinations are lit bright when they match the registration, and dim when they do not.

The only possible issue I've run into is that the On/Off colors do not appear to work at all. They are always off, no matter what. I suppose this may be 'correct' operation, but I doubt it.

Hope this helps.

Tim

mdyde

Re: LaunchPad Min Mark 2 works well

PostSat Mar 25, 2017 5:19 am

Thanks, Tim.

That's good to know (as a work-around until we can add formal support for the 'mark 2' models).

TimM wrote:The only possible issue I've run into is that the On/Off colors do not appear to work at all. They are always off, no matter what. I suppose this may be 'correct' operation, but I doubt it.

With the mark 1 models that option is supposed to result in a lamp being fully off when its mapped virtual stop/button is off/unlit, and on when the virtual stop/button is on/lit, so yes -- evidently that option isn't quite compatible with the mark 2 models.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

JRP

PostFri Apr 07, 2017 7:01 pm

Just to add to this - I am currently using 2 of the most recent LaunchPad Pros and they are working well. It is possible to assign the 64 buttons (i.e. 8 x 8) plus the extra 32 buttons on the surround (4 x 8).

I have used Brother Tz clear tape for labelling the 8x8 square buttons and they work really well. I have not found a great solution for the outside 4 x 8 round buttons due to their design.

TimM

PostSat Apr 08, 2017 4:54 am

JRP - Do the fully On/Off button selections work for you? On my Mini they are always off; only the Dim/Bright option works.

Tim

Return to Technical support