It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:06 am

USB Key for Dorico

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

Romanos

USB Key for Dorico

PostThu Apr 06, 2017 4:00 pm

Can anyone tell me (it's been so long since I installed HW and I simply don't know): is the HW USB key the same as Steinberg's technology? I ask because I purchased Dorico and would like to put my license on a USB key and was wondering if I need to order a key from them or if I can also use my HW key. And, if it is technically possible, is it a bad idea for any reason to put Dorico and HW on the same key?

CarsonCooman

Re: USB Key for Dorico

PostThu Apr 06, 2017 5:40 pm

I have both. They are two different things/different licensing systems. No coordination/combination of the licensing key is possible.

mdyde

PostFri Apr 07, 2017 3:28 am

Hello Romanos,

[Topic moved here.]

To add to and confirm Carson's reply (thanks, Carson), Hauptwerk's key is unique to Hauptwerk; the Hauptwerk key can't be used for any other software, and no other software's key can be used with Hauptwerk.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Romanos

PostFri Apr 07, 2017 7:55 am

Thank you both. I suspected that was the case, but since not many programs use USB licensers I wasn't sure if it was technology that HW licensed from Steinberg or another vendor. New USB key it is! (in a way this simplifies things for me anyway.)

Return to Technical support