It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:06 am

Sudden registration changes

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

Stdenio

Sudden registration changes

PostMon Sep 18, 2017 8:10 pm

I am in the process of finalizing a Hauptwerk project using an optimized computer controlled by a three manual console through a specially designed Opus Two control system. I have have loaded twelve different instruments so far and all seem to be functioning properly with the exception of two.

When the sets are loaded, a large registration suddenly "sputters" on after playing only a few moments. It does not just come on and stay on but rather sputters a few times back and forth between the registration I have set and a large almost full organ registration that finally sticks on. Everything continues to function on the screens including the physical controls showing the proper corresponding controls, all piston changes, general cancel and so forth, and the organ continues to play correctly including expression pedals, but the registration does not cancel or go away. It plays consistently from that moment on and the set has to be reloaded to cancel it. This happens only with two sets and not with he other 10. The two sets are the Paramount 341 and Inspired Acoustics PAB.

I am prepared to uninstall them and start over, but as that is a significant time commitment, I'd prefer to know if there is an easier way to address the problem.

I apologize if this has been addressed before, but I have not found a corresponding problem after looking though multiple pages.

josq

Re: Sudden registration changes

PostTue Sep 19, 2017 1:40 am

Sounds like a problem with a MIDI controller that has been programmed to control a tutti piston/knob (or another piston/knob that engages a large registration).

Right-click any suspected piston/knob, click "clear Midi settings" and see if the problem has been solved. You can bring up the View>Large control panels>Registration panel to see the general cancel button and any other registration buttons.

Ultimately, you will need to find the physical MIDI controller that is the cause, but that's the next step. I am not sure at this moment if there could be other causes for your problem.

mdyde

Re: Sudden registration changes

PostTue Sep 19, 2017 3:36 am

Hello Stdenio,

To add to josq's reply, similarly please also check that you don't have a misbehaving MIDI control (e.g. MIDI expression pedal) mapped (auto-detected) to a virtual crescendo pedal, or to Hauptwerk's 'master crescendo' (on the Registration large control panel).

Another approach would be temporarily to turn on Hauptwerk's MIDI logging option on the 'General settings | General preferences | Advanced ...' screen tab, then open Hauptwerk's log ('Help | View activity log') straight after the problem has recurred, so as to see what MIDI message was received that triggered it, and what virtual control that MIDI message triggered.

In any event, there should be no need to un-install or re-install the sample sets; if you want to clear *all* of their MIDI settings then just use 'Organ settings | Organ configuration wizard' and select the appropriate option.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support