It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:10 am

Mac OS High Sierra

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

atugores

Mac OS High Sierra

PostSat Sep 23, 2017 7:16 am

Hello there, is it there any news about the new Mac OS High Sierra and HW it will work, thank you

mdyde

Re: Mac OS High Sierra

PostSat Sep 23, 2017 7:34 am

Hello atugores,

We tested Hauptwerk v4.2.1 with the current macOS 10.13 High Sierra beta version and we'll post an official statement once the final version of High Sierra is released publicly by Apple in the coming week.

(Broadly, yes -- it did work as well as mac OS 10.12.2+, but since it's only available in beta version we need to await the final release from Apple before we can make a definitive statement.)
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

atugores

PostSat Sep 23, 2017 8:42 am

Very kind from you, thank you so much

mdyde

PostSat Sep 23, 2017 9:08 am

Thanks. You're very welcome.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Grant_Youngman

PostSat Sep 23, 2017 10:45 am

My dedicated HW Mac Pro is doing the same thing I am doing — aging. (Hard to believe sometimes that I started down this road 10 years ago). Since the Mac is stuck forever on OS X 10.7, I'm a lot more worried about when/if support for older OS versions will be dropped and I'll have to invest retirement $$$ in another machine and probably new audio interfaces, than whether I might have to delay upgrading to the latest OS bell and whistle. Not that I'd mind having 8 or 12 cores and 96G, mind you .. :-)
Grant

organtechnology

PostSat Sep 23, 2017 9:05 pm

Grant_Youngman wrote:My dedicated HW Mac Pro is doing the same thing I am doing — aging. (Hard to believe sometimes that I started down this road 10 years ago). Since the Mac is stuck forever on OS X 10.7, I'm a lot more worried about when/if support for older OS versions will be dropped and I'll have to invest retirement $$$ in another machine and probably new audio interfaces, than whether I might have to delay upgrading to the latest OS bell and whistle. Not that I'd mind having 8 or 12 cores and 96G, mind you .. :-)

What about running Windows 10 LTSB on the Mac-Pro hardware? I hear it is being done.

Thomas
Complete Hauptwerk™ systems using real wood consoles, PC Sound Engines, Dante Audio for Home or Church. info (at) organtechnology.com http://www.organtechnology.com
Authorized Hauptwerk; Milan Digital Audio and Lavender Audio reseller.
USA and Canada shipments only.

chr.schmitz

PostMon Sep 25, 2017 3:35 pm

After the OS is now officially released I can confirm that it works well with HW 4.2.1. But don't forget to use the latest dongle driver, which is available from the HW website!

Chris

Raimund

PostTue Sep 26, 2017 1:03 pm

I've updated today my old MacBook Pro (late 2011, 16 GB RAM, SSD refitting) to High Sierra and tested just now Hauptwerk with all my Sample Sets. No problem at all, everything works fine! Good work Hauptwerk and good work Apple! Thank you! :D

Return to Technical support