It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:53 am

Computer Keyboard codes

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

cboschen

Computer Keyboard codes

PostTue Oct 03, 2017 11:23 am

Martin,

It seems to me that there was a complete list of computer keyboard shortcuts in previous versions of Haupwerk. I have not been able to find these in the latest manual. I saw a reference to a "Switch Menu", but I cannot find it. Perhaps this has been changed.

I have moved Hauptwerk to a new computer and I am setting up some of my old X-Keys. I can see that many individual functions can be auto set using a right mouse click. Is it possible to open a menu panel with a Computer Keyboard (X-Key) shortcut? For example I would like to be able to open the Audio, MIDI and Performance Panel or the Recorder/Player Panel via a computer key.

Thanks again.

mdyde

Re: Computer Keyboard codes

PostTue Oct 03, 2017 1:53 pm

Hello Charles,

That Hauptwerk v3 user guide did indeed have a list of the computer key codes that you could assign manually to trigger menu functions (or other things), but in v4 you can instead simply auto-detect the keys to the desired menu functions via the 'General settings | Advanced ... | MIDI/key triggers for loading organs and other global menu functions' or 'Organ settings | MIDI/key triggers for master pistons and menu functions' screens. You can also see the list of supported computer key codes on those screens if you set the 'Input' setting to 'Computer key'.

In that way it's possible to configure most menu functions to be triggered from computer keys (or MIDI pistons, etc.), but not functions that would require browsing for files, and currently not, I'm afraid, menu functions that open/close any settings screens or control panels.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

cboschen

PostWed Oct 04, 2017 7:55 am

Thanks Martin. That is what I needed!

Take care,

Chuck

mdyde

PostWed Oct 04, 2017 7:58 am

Thanks, Chuck.

You're very welcome.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support